+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery Clone & future Post FS200 wish list ???

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Default Fiery Clone wish list

Hello Mods,

Not sure the present FS200 Clone, ticks all the boxes ? whilst being able to schedule a clone via a webpage is good- the only time period on the pulldown is daily ? why would you schedule backup on a fiery daily ? it is not a file server - can you add weekly / monthly on the pulldown - is this possible ?.

Also - why does the clone on an FS200 platform seem to take twice as long as previous? is this due to the 1.5 Tb single drive ( I 'll use the EX180 as an example ) - a base load ( 12.5Gb - no patches etc ) will take 50 min - normally a base clone on an FS150 platform will take 23 minutes..

Is it possible to add the ability to Fiery Clone for estimating cloning time ? I have had customers previously that are perhaps not so diligent in file house-keeping, consequently when it comes to doing a clone - you only find out how long the clone will take by standing there waiting for it to complete ? appreciate it is possible to guesstimate by looking at the respective drive free space - but realistically how many people do that ? if you had "estimated clone time 3 hours - do you wish to proceed" I think that might help

Welcome comments ?
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 12-28-2017 at 05:49 AM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

+ Reply to Thread