+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Collect-module

MikkoS is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor MikkoS is on a distinguished path

Default New Collect-module

Nice features coming.
    But I would like to see some more settings for this module to be available.
    Now it only has possibilities to trigger process by amount of received jobs or pages.
    I can see these good when you want to fill up impositions perfectly for instance.

One other situation that comes in my mind is personalized documents coming in that I want to get in at the same time and to be imposed as one punch.
    I don't know how many of them will come in or how many pages they have all together.
    In this situation I would like to determine certain delay starting from first document arrival. After the delay has expired the process would continue including all the documents that has arrived during this time.

What you think?

Happy new year Mikko! Time is definitely on the back log. Question: do you want a time-out ("release jobs 10 minutes after first job has been received") or do you want to define an extact time to release jobs ("release jobs at 1pm").
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

MikkoS is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor MikkoS is on a distinguished path

Thank's Happy new year to you too.

The situation that first came to my mind is that as a job comes in at any time the delay would start. After delay the process would start including all the jobs arrived during the delay.
    Although one question is also that should the delay resume every time a new job comes in.
    What I mean is that if delay is set to 10 minutes and first job comes in starting the delay.
    When an other job arrives during the delay should the delay start over again or keep running keeping the starting point at first jobs arrival.
    So either there would be specified time window during which jobs are accepted in after first one or there would be a time window after assumed last job during which the workflow is waiting if any more jobs are coming.

I'm trying to think this as an airplane.
    At check in you have certain time frame you need to check in. Passengers arriving after that will miss the plane.
    But at gate when the last passenger has entered the plane and there doesn't seem to be anymore coming then the plane is ready to go.

But to have possibility to setup certain time when to process is another thing and useful as well I think.
    When you have somewhat constant flow of jobs coming for instance from web2print you may want to have certain moment when all of those jobs are combined and released. A certain time every day or few times a week and so on.

Thanks for the detailed explanation Mikko. Much appreciated. Will discuss with the team and get back to you.
    --
    Hans

+ Reply to Thread