+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LAC impose problem on MAC OS 10.12.5

Hybrid View

Default LAC impose problem on MAC OS 10.12.5

The LAC is wroking corectly on the EFI H300 Server.
    When using the LAC on the MAC with OS 10.12.5 the presets sometimes the file shows DEMO DEMO...

Whitch action can we take...?

kind regards,
    Marino

Hello Marino B,

Could you please answer a few questions?

1. Are you moving the LAC from your H300 to the Mac client? Specifically, what I am trying to understand is if there is an Impose LAC on BOTH the H300 AND Mac? Or is there only an Impose LAC on the Mac and the H300 no longer has an Impose LAC?
    2. I believe you are using a server preset (correct me if I'm wrong). Are you able to see the problem if you use the Impose application and save the file as a dbp to your H300?
    3. Are you using a "User Defined" or "Based on Trim Box" finish size template? If you use a "Based on Crop Box" finish size template instead are you still able to see the issue?

Thanks
    Mark

Hi Mark,
    thanks for the answer.
    I'll check with technician/customer...
    kind regards,
    Marino

Hi Mark,

answers to the questions...

1. Are you moving the LAC from your H300 to the Mac client? Specifically, what I am trying to understand is if there is an Impose LAC on BOTH the H300 AND Mac? Or is there only an Impose LAC on the Mac and the H300 no longer has an Impose LAC?
    First the LAC was installed on de the MAC, then we encountered the problem with demo background. So we moved the LAC to the H300
    2. I believe you are using a server preset (correct me if I'm wrong). Are you able to see the problem if you use the Impose application and save the file as a dbp to your H300?
    We were using a server preset. The “demo demo” problem appeared when we used the preset again on another file. When we processed the DBP file it was fine.

3. Are you using a "User Defined" or "Based on Trim Box" finish size template? If you use a "Based on Crop Box" finish size template instead are you still able to see the issue?
    Initially we were on CWS6 and there we tried both “user defined” and “based on crop box”. Sadly with the “demo demo” result; then I removed CWS6 and installed CWS 5.8. with 5.8 you can only use the “based on crop box” in the properties presets. I am not sure if we would have had the same result because by now we were also struggling with the documents being ripped and printed blanc.
    At this point I called for service and had the RIP reinstalled.
    After reinstall we decided to install the Impose license on the H300, just to be sure to allow the customer to continue production. On the H300 it works, but the customer insists that he wants the impose license on his Mac.

kind regards,
    Marino

Hi Marino,

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I am assuming here that you only have one LAC and that you deactivate it on the H300 before moving it to the Mac. If this is the case then the behavior you see is expected. The reason is that the "User Defined" (and "Based on Trim Box") finish size workflows are different than "Based on Crop Box". The former requires an active Impose license on the server in order to use Impose templates from Job Properties, Server Presets, or Virtual Printers. The demo watermark appears because the server is failing the Impose license check when the template is applied. Following are the suggestions I have.

If you do not need to use a Mac.
    - The easiest thing to do is to activate the LAC on your Fiery Server and use CWS from your Fiery DFE.

If you must use Job Properties, server preset, or virtual printers.
    - Modify the Impose template to use "Based on Crop Box" finish size.

If you must use a "User Defined" finish size (or "Based on Trim Box") workflow.
    - Create a Fiery Hot Folder workflow on the client where the LAC is active. Share the hot folder and submit jobs through it.

For maximum flexibility, you might consider purchasing an additional Impose license so that both Client system and Fiery server have an active LAC.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Mark

Hi Mark,

thanks for the info

grtz,
    Marino

+ Reply to Thread