+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Files are not ripping in the correct order after upgrade to CWS6

Default Files are not ripping in the correct order after upgrade to CWS6

Hello All,

I am running a Canon imagepress C800 with external F200. I recently upgraded from CMW 5 to ver 6.1.0.28 and have noticed that when sending mass A4 unique order forms (around 38MB per file) the order in which they are ripped is not matching the order they were rendered.

Below is a screen grab showing how seqential files are ripping out of sequence.

Attachment 1877

The techs from Canon think that rolling back to CMW 5 would probably fix it.... but I really like CMW6 and though I would see if there is a fix available with the forums brains trust. Anyone have an idea on how to fix?

Glenn,

In the configure for your fiery, look for sequential print. This tells the fiery to print "First In-First Out" regardless of file size or processing time. This should fix it for you.

Cheers!
    Shawn

Hi Shawn,

Just went into configure>Job Submission>Sequential Print and ticked "Enable Seqential Print" & Timeout = 30 seconds. Sent 10 files through to test and they are still out of order. Do I need to play around with the Timeout (30-300) seconds option to find the sweet spot? Any further recomendations? Thanks

Glen,

What are your min/max file sizes? I would definitely try maxing it out (300 seconds) and see if that gives you the results you are looking for. If so, then maybe narrow it down to try to optimize processing time. Sadly, I am only another user, and lack any insights into how this option is coded. I actually just ran into another power user today and during trouble shooting a different issue, they explained this option to me and what it did, but not specifically how to use it.

Good luck!
    Shawn

Hmmm gave it a go but no win yet.
    When doing larger A3 files around 150MB the rip order is fine, they are rendered from PC out every 50-60 seconds. When doing smaller A4 39MB files they are still getting picked up by CMW in a random order, these 39MB files get rendered out every 5 seconds. They queue up in my local PC print queue faster than the fiery can spool them. It then sometimes spools the oldest file in the list but intermitantly spools the most recent file in the list. I have tried 30, 45, 60, 180, 300 Second Timeouts in the Enable Seqential Print settings but keep getting a mixed up rip queue.

Glenn,

How are these being sent to the Fiery? What do you mean by "rendered from PC"? If these are being sent from a PS driver on your PC there is an option in - "devices and printers" > "printer properties" > "advanced tab" and about half way down should be spooling options. This will control how your PC releases these jobs to the Fiery. It may slow down your PC, especially "print directly to the printer", but this may help your workflow. I tried viewing your attachment to see what was in your screenshot, but nothing came up. How many files per batch are we talking about? Would printing to the hold que (under job options) and releasing them manually be a workaround while we troubleshoot?

Cheers,
    Shawn

Talking

Ok I found a work around, but it is not pretty. The software we generate the print files out of (Timestone) was making them faster than what Command Workstation seems to be able to handle in a sequential order. So I have added a large graphic file (then hid it behind a white fill box layer) on the print template to slow down the rate that the files are generated and sent to the print queue. So we have gone from files being sent to the print queue every 3 seconds to now every 10 seconds.....and now they maintain the sequential order

This is good for maintaining the sequential order but bad for render times of the print files. We do individual A4 orderforms for school Photos so print runs are in the 1000's. The time taken to render/create the files is now 3 times longer . I will keep tweaking the times to find the sweet spot (somewhere between 3 and 10 seconds I am guessing).

+ Reply to Thread