+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patch downloads, processes but still shows as not installed

Default Patch downloads, processes but still shows as not installed

Patch # FIT101663557

I have tried several different ways to install (download from the installer, download from the web portal, set to automatically download and install). Every time it downloads and installs fine but after restart it shows as not loaded.

Job logs show that it processed with no errors (job log attached). Fiery Patch Problem.pdf

Confused here....
    Xerox Versant 2100
    Fiery FS100 Pro
    Fiery Command WorkStation Package : 6.1.0.179
    Fiery Command WorkStation : 6.1.0.28

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

A couple of things to check - first confirm that the two pre-req patches: FIT101649452 & FIT101601812 are installed & showing on the Fiery Server Config "Installed Patches" - then it might pay you to have a look in C:\SYSUpdates\data & see whether you have any folders in there ? if there are any delete them out & then retry Fiery Update - it should show just FIT101663557 as waiting to be downloaded - download & let it install - once you see the file stop processing & the update says installed - give it an extra 30 secs before restarting the Fiery Service & then leave it to do it's thing - eventually the Fiery should reboot twice & finally come ready - does it then show as installed ?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Sadly, Same thing.

Checked patch history - Fiery Patch History.pdf. Pre-req patches installed.
    Cleared SYSUPDATE folder (only 1 file in there)
    Tried first from the installer and machine locked up during download. Force reboot and clear SYSUPDATE folder again. Download from Web portal. Installed and wait, reboot. Checked log - Fiery Job Log.pdf - shows patch processed but still shows as not installed.

On a side note - whats up with the startup page RIP errors (see job logs)?
    And another side note - When looking at the job log my server disconnects. I was able to sneak in the screen shot before it cut out.

System getting very buggy.
    Xerox Versant 2100
    Fiery FS100 Pro
    Fiery Command WorkStation Package : 6.1.0.179
    Fiery Command WorkStation : 6.1.0.28

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

I always had problems with the System Update app. So much so I never use it any more. I always download from the Web Page under Configure/Check for Product Updates. I then install from the downloaded file. I never have a problem doing in this way.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Have to disagree with Doyle ( sorry ) patches downloaded via system update work fine ( at least in my experience - with all manner of Fiery's connected to Xerox Equipment ? from the new Altalink box up to everything under an Igen (- they don't have auto patch downloads ).

I can see from the attached pdf's that all the pre req patches are downloaded - personally I think the next step is a scrape reload ( not what you want to hear I know !!).

At work, what we do on an install / reload is with the base software just licence ( impose / compose / cps / Acrobat / IP address etc ) no patches of any description Fiery or windows os - then do a clone - once done then you can patch & do what is necessary to configure - clone again. With a base clone it will take probably ~ 27 minutes to clone back & then repatch for instances like you are seeing & it is considerably quicker than a vanilla Install of the base 5 disks ?? ).

If after that, it still does not go on - problem for Xerox / EFI
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 12-13-2017 at 05:22 AM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

+ Reply to Thread