+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a limit on number of Job Presets?

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Default Is there a limit on number of Job Presets?

Since the ancient, long sought after and repeated requests for profiles being sorted in the drop down lists never gets any attention or resolved I have got come up with some other solution to manage choosing output profile without taking an exorbitant amount of time to find the profile I want.

I am thinking that maybe settings up Job Presets for each paper/output profile combination might be a better approach so that has me wondering if there is a limit to job presets.

Anybody have a better idea how to mange a long list of output profiles, for selecting in a timidly manner, which for what ever reason EFI has never seen fit to have them sorted?

Hi Doyle,

I'm pretty sure we didn't put an upper limit on number of server presets, but if we did it's over 800.

Regarding your request for output profiles - to be clear, you would like the output profiles dropdown in Job Properties to be sorted in alpha numeric order, is that correct?

G.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Hi Doyle,

Regarding your request for output profiles - to be clear, you would like the output profiles dropdown in Job Properties to be sorted in alpha numeric order, is that correct?

G.
    Yes, that is absolutely correct.

Default Output Profiles in AlphaNumeric order

I second this request. I have over 156 custom output profiles on each of 5 fierys in one dept. I wish to state that I inherited this arrangement along with corresponding Virtual printers. Fortunately I discovered that version 6 on arranges the Virtual Printers alpha numerically, and I am very thankful. If this is released at an update or a patch it would be great to hear about it as all my fierys are in closed loop environments and I would have to be able to apply the fix via a USB device or "hotspot" from my phone.

+ Reply to Thread