+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery presets

Unhappy Fiery presets

Hello,
    I'm administering a computer lab with multiple mac computers joined to an active directory domain. I would like to distributed the Fiery presets to multiple users' profiles or created a presets file for all users.
    However, from what I've determined using iosnoop, the Presets.xml file is stored in a private folder specific to each application. I cannot find the source of this file on the system in order to update it.
    Can you tell me where the presets file is stored on a Mac with the latest Fiery drivers?
    Many thanks,
    Serge

Default Fiery presets

Serge,

Maybe someone with EFI can chime in to answer your question specifically, but there may be a workaround. If you use Command Workstation and open properties to any job there, select "save preset", and select "server" for your location, that preset can be used by anyone printing on the network. Hopefully this helps!

Cheers,
    Shawn

In our environment I use the Backup-Restore feature and take the preset I want to use as Master and then restore only the preset on each of the other Fierys so they all work the same.

Serge

I also advise using server presets - these are stored on the Fiery server itself, and then you never need to set them up for each client.
    Any connected Fiery drivers (with two way communication enabled) and Command Workstation, Hot Folders clients will all work with server presets.

Set them up once on the Fiery itself (using Command Workstation) and then all of your clients can use them.

Does this solution satisfy your requirements?

+ Reply to Thread