+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Printing Reports

Default Printing Reports

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to CWS and have a question that I wasn't able to find looking through other threads. If I missed it, I apologize in advance.
    I'm wondering if you can generate printing reports from CWS? We are using the software in a corporate environment and would like to be able to track each print job so we can allocate the prints to the proper department/account. If we can simply do this from CMW as apposed to doing it independently in a manual effort, that would be great!
    Please let me now if this if possible and any resources you can point me to learn more would be greatly appreciated.

-John

Sure!

In CWS you can export the Job log, which contains all the jobs printed (click on Logs on the toolbar). Within the job log window you can add/remove columns by right clicking on any column header at the top, to show the fields that you want to see. Then click Export > Current view, and save. This file can be opened into excel (tab delimited). Alternatively you can export entire log to get all columns.

You noted you want to "track each print job so we can allocate the prints to the proper department/account" - how are your jobs being printed today? By print driver from users in different departments, or another method?

The method of job submission will affect what is recorded in the job log.
    Take a look at the job log in excel, and see if it covers your requirements . If not, tell us what's missing, and include your printer model name, and Fiery version.

- G.

Thanks Greta. The log information should be enough for what I need.

As I get more acquainted with CWS, the thing that's a little frustrating is the lack of ability to organize jobs. It would be great if you could create a file structure to organize print files. I know you can create and save custom searches, but this seems limiting. You can't change the name of the file in CWS and you can't search based on notes or account fields that I can tell. Let me know if there are any other options to do this that I'm missing.

BTW. I have a Accurio Press C6085, Fiery IC-313H, CMS 6.1

Thanks for the help!

-John

I appreciate the feedback, we are working on other ways of organising files in CWS in the future.

You can search on Notes fields in CWS6 - any fields that can show up as a column can be searched on, and saved as a filter or view. You can also easily edit/rename the job names inline.

Take a look at our elearning portal, there are loads of videos and materials on CWS6 available for free.

https://learning.efi.com/courses?cat...-workstation-6

Check out the Inline editing video for editing job names, and the Search video for searching on different criteria.

I hope this helps, and let us know if any more questions.

- G.

deckm00 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor deckm00 is on a distinguished path

Greta,
    I'm sometimes asked whether or not the Fiery job log can be automatically exported on a scheduled basis. Is there any movement towards having that added as a feature?

deckm00

Yes you can already export the job log automatically (weekly, monthly, etc), it's available in all Fierys System 9R2 and higher. It's in the Configure tool, called 'automatically export Job log'.

G.

+ Reply to Thread