+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ECPS and license (new measuring device)

Default ECPS and license (new measuring device)

Hi,

Considering to purchase the Xrite i1 iSis XL.
    • Will it work as and ES-6000 with ECPS?
    • I belive the ES-2000 serves as a dongle today. How will that work if I stop using the ES-2000 and start using the Xrite i1 iSis?

Default RE :ECPS and license (new measuring device)

Isis XL will measure same as ES-6000 but make sure its a new Isis II that can measure M1.

But Isis cannot be shared on a network among multiple users.

In either case, you leave the ES-2000 plugged in at the same time to license CPS. Or were you planning to get rid of the ES-2000?

If you want to use ES-6000 to license multiple copies of CPS then this won't work, so please advise if you need to do this and we can look into a solution.

~Lou

Thank you Lou,

Its indeed the v2 iSis.
    I have got a far better price for the Xrite model and no, no plan to get rid of the ES-2000. We need it for calibration.

I also planned to upgrade the ECPS, but I think I just learned that I have to buy the whole software once again as I was not aware that I had to purchase the SMSA license within a year. This means that I will have to look into other softwares as well.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Let me tell you, EFI CPS is a killer piece of software. I don't know that you'll find better--but I do know that you won't find better when it comes to working with EFI-driven digital systems.

And by the way, you don't need the ES-2000 for calibration. You can calibrate using EFI CPS--even an unlicensed version--and it does so using the larger autoscan spectros such as iSis XL and KM FD-9.

The software is nice for our EFI driven Ricohs, but engines will change and the next might be a non EFI driven model.

We have never got the iO table to work for calibration. Will the Xrite iSis (no ethernet version) work for all our Ricohs if we connect it to one RIP and calibrate all machines from this one rip simply by switching machine in the CWS or will this only work with the ES-6000/Ethernet enabled device?

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by larsj View Post
    Will the Xrite iSis (no ethernet version) work for all our Ricohs if we connect it to one RIP and calibrate all machines from this one rip simply by switching machine in the CWS
    you mean, switching machines in the Color Profiler Suite.

The answer is yes. You're not actually connecting the iSis to the RIP functionality; you're connecting to the Windows functionality of that particular Fiery. From the standpoint of the software and the spectro, you're simply using a Windows computer to perform their functions.

In multiple machine shops, I like to have a separate color and job management computer somewhere, not a Fiery, that contains CWS and EFI CPS and to which the spectro is connected. Call it a press control table if you will. That way the CPS software is locked and loaded to a machine that isn't likely to need reloaded or be replaced, and it sets the tone for "this setup is for the shop, and it's not part of any single print manufacturing device". It also lets you have a table that's big enough for the spectro AND the paper, and maybe even a small light booth for color evaluation. And maybe a small light table as well.

Default RE: ECPS and license (new measuring device)

Hi Lars.

As pointed out further down this thread, you can calibrate with Isis as well but only from CPS.

You'll leave the license on the ES-200 adn connect it to measure but you don't even need it to calibrate.

Where did you get the idea that you need to buy the product again? You buy CPS once. THe SMSA entitles you to all upgrades. If the SMSA expires you just need to renew. You do need to renew back to where it expired but you never need to buy the software again.

Even now your copy of CPS is permanently licensed, you just don't get upgades or EFI tech support if the SMSA is expired.

Please see the FAQ here

...and let me know who told you that you'd need to buy CPS again!

Thanks.

~Lou

One detail and answer to your question:

First, CPS can profile anythng. Use the PDF workflow (printer profiler but chose PDF instead f a Fiery) and it will make the target as PDF you can use to profile any print system, even multichannel print systems up to 7 colors.

You can use the iO to calibrate just like the isis as follows:

Install CPS 4.8 or newer (no license even needed for calibration). Choose Calibrator.

From here you can recalibrate any calibration set with any supported device including X-Rite, Barbieri, and KM models.

~Lou

@adam1991

Yes, off course I mean the CPS sorry.
    We do have such a room - my office in fact. It is (was) a UGRA certified room according to PSO (ISO 3664 and ISO 12646). This room is unfortunately located on a different floor so therefore I tend to use the rips.

--------------------
    @Lou
    According to the price options I have got it seems very much like Im buying the product all over again.
    One option for 1 year subscription, one option for a 3 year subscription and one for 5 years.
    I Googled around and found that something was called SMSA license. My provider claims it has expired and offered as described over.

I now understand that even though it has expired I can renew it and get the upgrades?
    Can I even do it online or is this US only?

@Lou

Regarding calibration...

I have only tried the iO through CWS. I can not get it to work. Are you saying I need to do it from the CPS to be able to use the iO or iSis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast