+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Load 11x17" in a tray and associate it with the tray", for every print job

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

Does this behaviour is seen only when you use Paper catalog?. Can you share your Fiery Server configuration sheet and Test File?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjitha View Post
    Hi,

Does this behaviour is seen only when you use Paper catalog?. Can you share your Fiery Server configuration sheet and Test File?

Thanks,
    No. Attached are the files. Test.pdf Fiery Server Configuration.PDF

Also, I cannot set defaults. when I try to set defaults, in device center, it crashes or will not save(it freezes on JOB INFO and I can only click on stuff in that tab or cancel or the close X)

This is what the default preset is now.
    Name:  Default.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  130.2 KB

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Under Mixed Media click on Show - All. Does anything show up after you do that?

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by BKAHL View Post
    No. Attached are the files. Attachment 1841 Attachment 1842

Also, I cannot set defaults. when I try to set defaults, in device center, it crashes or will not save(it freezes on JOB INFO and I can only click on stuff in that tab or cancel or the close X)

This is what the default preset is now.
    Attachment 1843
    Hi,

Thanks for the Test File & Server configuration.
    I tried printing the Test.pdf file, it printed fine on Letter LEF . As per the details you have provided above, it is because default is set to Print on 11x17 from Tray2, it is printing on 11x17 media.

I have CWS6.0.0.52 version, i didn't see any issue while setting/Changing the defaults.

> What is the CWS version which you are using
    > What is happening when you change the media settings to Letter LEF through job properties and print
    > Can you try closing the CWS and relaunching and then try to change the default setting Or else restart your client once and check

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
    Under Mixed Media click on Show - All. Does anything show up after you do that?
    Nothing shows up in mixed media.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjitha View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the Test File & Server configuration.
    I tried printing the Test.pdf file, it printed fine on Letter LEF . As per the details you have provided above, it is because default is set to Print on 11x17 from Tray2, it is printing on 11x17 media.

I have CWS6.0.0.52 version, i didn't see any issue while setting/Changing the defaults.

> What is the CWS version which you are using
    > What is happening when you change the media settings to Letter LEF through job properties and print
    > Can you try closing the CWS and relaunching and then try to change the default setting Or else restart your client once and check

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.
    I have Version 6.0.0.52.
    It prints on 8-1/2"x11".
    I have restarted the server, the client, and my PC. Still cannot change the default settings. When I click set defaults, I can change what I want. But, when I click OK it goes to the JOB INFO tab and I can only click on stuff in that tab or cancel or the close X.

Definitely the default settings are causing this issue. But I cannot change them.
    When I use a preset I setup and saved, it prints on 8-1/2"x11", when the file is imported and I use the new setting I made.
    If a user prints and does not go through FCW, it prints on 11"x17", even if they select the new preset I made.
    Last edited by BKAHL; 11-03-2017 at 07:01 AM.

BKAHL
    We have made some improvements to the Set Defaults feature in CWS 6.2.

Here's an extract from the Release notes for 6.2.

Overriding print settings with Set Defaults
    The Set Defaults feature has been updated to address issues about the behavior of overriding print settings.
    Previously, when the administrator customized settings in Set Defaults, all the settings in Job Properties were saved, not only the items that were modified. Among other things, this behavior changed paper sizes for imported jobs (for example, all jobs default to Letter or A4 size), even if you had not adjusted paper sizes. In Fiery Command WorkStation version 6.2, this issue is resolved; Set Defaults saves only the items modified by the administrator.

Once you've installed 6.2, follow these steps once:
    1 In Fiery Command WorkStation, connect to the Fiery server.
    2 Select Server > Set Defaults.
    3 Choose the settings that you want to be the default settings (for example, color settings) and click OK.
    4 Click Close.
    Only the changes you made to the default settings will be saved as defaults for all jobs

You can download 6.2 directly from here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2