+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Load 11x17" in a tray and associate it with the tray", for every print job

Default Load 11x17" in a tray and associate it with the tray", for every print job

FCW says "Load 11x17" in a tray and associate it with the tray", for every print job. I try to print on 8-1/2x11" paper and I get the same error every time. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? It just sits there until I cancel it or rush print. If I rush print it then it prints on 11x17" paper. Tray 2 has 11x17" paper in it. As you can see, before it went to FCW tray 3 was selected.

FCW Error:
    Name:  FCW Error.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  54.0 KB

Properties before printing:
    Name:  Properties Before Printing.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  83.1 KB

Properties after canceling the or rush printing:
    Name:  Properties after canceling the job.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  85.5 KB

Please help.

Thank You.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

You haven't really explained the job your running. From your screen shot your job calls for mixed media both a 8.5 x 11 and a 11 x 17 sheet. With out more information in your Mixed media setting that is calling for the 11 x 17 sheet might you have a wrong tray selected.
    Last edited by Doyle; 10-30-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Thank you for the reply. Every job anyone sends to the printer, through the FCW, gets stuck and won't print. How do I change the mixed media settings? No matter what tray is selected before sending it through the FCW it changes to tray 2 and only prints on 11x17". Even if I cancel the job and change the properties to tray 3, it still prints on 11x17".

Also, we print catalogs that originally are 72 pages of 8-1/2x11" and we print this on 11x17". This also get stuck with the same error; Load 11x17" in a tray and associate it with the tray. If I rush print this, it prints on 11X17" like we want it too.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Below the Slip Sheet setting there should be an entry for Mixed Media. Delete what is in there. Also check your default settings under Device Center/Job Preset and check the default settings to see if Mixed Media is selected there if so delete that and save as new default.

Thank you.
    There is nothing in mixed media.

When I try to check the default settings it crashes.
    Name:  default.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  76.5 KB
    Name:  Error.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  59.9 KB

When I go to device center and try to set defaults, everything is blank. I can select what I want the settings to be but eventually it crashes or it will not save.
    Last edited by BKAHL; 10-31-2017 at 07:22 AM.

I made a new preset and changed everything to 8-1/2" x 11". This is the job:
    Name:  New preset.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  113.4 KB

This printed on 11" x 17" paper from tray 2.

Default Load 11x17" in a tray and associate it with the tray", for every print job

BKAHL,

Are these jobs being sent to CWS from Acrobat using a postscript print driver? This can embed page sizes into the job. Try drag & dropping the file into the hold queue, or add it using import. Then set up your print and see what you get.

Good luck!
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by BKAHL View Post
    When I go to device center and try to set defaults, everything is blank. I can select what I want the settings to be but eventually it crashes or it will not save.
    Did you try that after rebooting the server?

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnW View Post
    BKAHL,

Are these jobs being sent to CWS from Acrobat using a postscript print driver? This can embed page sizes into the job. Try drag & dropping the file into the hold queue, or add it using import. Then set up your print and see what you get.

Good luck!
    Shawn
    Thank you. No, they are drag & drop and import. no matter what I do, it still prints on 11" x 17".

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
    Did you try that after rebooting the server?
    Yes. I rebooted the server and when I try to set defaults it crashes or will not save(it freezes and I can only click cancel or the close X).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast