+ Reply to Thread

Thread: filename change to * .tmp

Default filename change to * .tmp

Hi

When I send a file to the fiery from a hot folder, the file name is changed and replaced by a * .tmp
    If we have several files to print it is difficult to recognize the files between them.
    Would you have a solution please?
    see the attachment

Best regard

SteeveM
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by SteeveM; 10-30-2017 at 03:23 AM.

Hi everybody

no one has ever had this problem? even on old version?

best regards

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

I see you are using Infoprint - is this creating the pdf's for you & then outputting them to a Save location which is subsequently a Fiery Hotfolder ?

It isn't some thing daft like the pdf hasn't finished being created / saved to the Hotfolder - the Hotfolder polls takes the two completed pdf's but because the 3rd is still being saved / created the poll only takes that bit of the pdf it can see - consequently you get a "temp" file ? - have you tried adjusting / increasing the Poll Interval ?

You could also try taking 50 pdf's & copy / paste into the hotfolder - you should then see 50 pdf appear in CWS that would prove the mechanism is working as it should ? just a thought..
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 11-02-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Hi
    no, this is the StreamServ application that creates and exports the pdf files in this hotfolder
    The printer is configured to export files from an lpr command ==> lpr -S @IP_Printer -P std %i

In my screen the first 2 files were manually exported from a DOS command line:
    c:\temp\lpr -S 172.30.5.4 -P std G550107313_procédure.pdf

The 3rd file has been exported the same file directly to the hotfolder

I don' have tried adjusting / increasing the Poll Interval but I can tried

Best regards

+ Reply to Thread