Thread: slip sheet frequency on IC415 not working

Default slip sheet frequency on IC415 not working

Hello,
    IC-415 on C1070 with all the latest patches. If I select to insert slip sheet either from PI tray or from the machine trays ever 3rd copy, the machine will pickup a slip sheet at the start of the job but then complete the entire job without any slip sheets. I have tested this function and it works on an IC417 (C2070).
    The machine is up to date on firmware with all options and I have confirmed that this function is not working in any of the other C1070 with an IC415 controller
    patches on this controller are as follows
    FIT101206718
    FIT222301
    FIT101314845
    FIT101370290
    SP1_FIT101585436

I am getting an error when I try to upload a jpeg pic to this post. Shared a link to my google drive.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...DRWU2d3ZTdxczg

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Known issue, never worked, EFI said it will never work.

Use mixed media instead.

If this is a known issue, where is the documentation on it? Also, the mixed media option is not a viable solution for variable jobs nor is it in any way an efficient workflow. This is a flaw in the EFI product: the option is available but it doesn't work.

Default alternate to mixed media

Mixed media is a work around but a pain in the but.

I often set-up my slips and inserts in impose and then save the file as a .dbp file. It takes allot of the thinking and page counting out of the set-up and allows you to print individual pages when testing your file without having to turn mixed media off.

Unfortunately if you don't have Compose the set-ups can be tricky, but once you get the hang of the procedure order, it works quite well. (with a few glitches you learn how to avoid)