+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Unable to edit color profiles in CWS 6

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default Unable to edit color profiles in CWS 6

    I have a Xerox DP-700i with the attached Fiery RIP running 10e system software. I am unable to edit my color profiles with the new Command Workstation 6. The edit button is grayed out. Is there something I can do to make it work?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    891

    Default

    You can still edit output profiles in CWS6, which is the recommended way of making changes to the color output, as it affects all color spaces (CMYK, RGB).

    At this time you cannot edit CMYK simulation profiles in CWS6.
    However due to strong customer feedback we have added this back into the next CWS release (6.1) which will be posted online in the next month or so.

    G.

  3. #3
    DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    100

    Lightbulb No you can't...

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    You can still edit output profiles in CWS6, which is the recommended way of making changes to the color output, as it affects all color spaces (CMYK, RGB).

    At this time you cannot edit CMYK simulation profiles in CWS6.
    However due to strong customer feedback we have added this back into the next CWS release (6.1) which will be posted online in the next month or so.

    G.
    Hi Greta,

    On an FS200 platform with a fully patched Xerox Versant 180 (Bustled) running either the latest 5.8.0.107 or 6.x CWS on different machines (no less) if you try to SAVE any destination profile editing you've done it crashes hard. I have a log for it (212286915) which should eventually end up as a spar. Please note it also crashes with the default profiles. The V2 from iProfiler crashes as well.

    Just a heads up :-)

    Best regards,

  4. #4
    borgwarrior is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor borgwarrior is on a distinguished path
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLeaves View Post
    Hi Greta,

    On an FS200 platform with a fully patched Xerox Versant 180 (Bustled) running either the latest 5.8.0.107 or 6.x CWS on different machines (no less) if you try to SAVE any destination profile editing you've done it crashes hard. I have a log for it (212286915) which should eventually end up as a spar. Please note it also crashes with the default profiles. The V2 from iProfiler crashes as well.

    Just a heads up :-)

    Best regards,
    Same hard crash happens to me as well. IC417, KM 2060.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    891

    Default

    We're not seeing the crash you're reporting.

    Can you try the latest CWS6 Sustaining release on our download site?

    Here's the direct link - http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...e-custom-sizes

    Thanks,
    G

  6. #6
    DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    100

    Default Not easily recreatable

    Support here couldn't recreate, only recommendation scrape reinstall. Am willing to provide nananana logs etc. if you would like to look into it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    We're not seeing the crash you're reporting.

    Can you try the latest CWS6 Sustaining release on our download site?

    Here's the direct link - http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...e-custom-sizes

    Thanks,
    G

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Can you replicate on that sustaining release?

    Upgrading CWS is a lot easier than reloading the Fiery server...

  8. #8
    DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    100

    Default Tried various CWS

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Can you replicate on that sustaining release?

    Upgrading CWS is a lot easier than reloading the Fiery server...
    Tried on CWS6 and 5... Mac and PC

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Any update on this? I am experiencing this as well. two macs and one PC crash saving an edited profile on an IC-417. CWS 5.8 and 6.1

    Thanks,
    Shawn

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Disregard - I found the patch...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts