+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to edit color profiles in CWS 6

Default Unable to edit color profiles in CWS 6

I have a Xerox DP-700i with the attached Fiery RIP running 10e system software. I am unable to edit my color profiles with the new Command Workstation 6. The edit button is grayed out. Is there something I can do to make it work?

You can still edit output profiles in CWS6, which is the recommended way of making changes to the color output, as it affects all color spaces (CMYK, RGB).

At this time you cannot edit CMYK simulation profiles in CWS6.
    However due to strong customer feedback we have added this back into the next CWS release (6.1) which will be posted online in the next month or so.

G.

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

Lightbulb No you can't...

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    You can still edit output profiles in CWS6, which is the recommended way of making changes to the color output, as it affects all color spaces (CMYK, RGB).

At this time you cannot edit CMYK simulation profiles in CWS6.
    However due to strong customer feedback we have added this back into the next CWS release (6.1) which will be posted online in the next month or so.

G.
    Hi Greta,

On an FS200 platform with a fully patched Xerox Versant 180 (Bustled) running either the latest 5.8.0.107 or 6.x CWS on different machines (no less) if you try to SAVE any destination profile editing you've done it crashes hard. I have a log for it (212286915) which should eventually end up as a spar. Please note it also crashes with the default profiles. The V2 from iProfiler crashes as well.

Just a heads up :-)

Best regards,

borgwarrior is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor borgwarrior is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLeaves View Post
    Hi Greta,

On an FS200 platform with a fully patched Xerox Versant 180 (Bustled) running either the latest 5.8.0.107 or 6.x CWS on different machines (no less) if you try to SAVE any destination profile editing you've done it crashes hard. I have a log for it (212286915) which should eventually end up as a spar. Please note it also crashes with the default profiles. The V2 from iProfiler crashes as well.

Just a heads up :-)

Best regards,
    Same hard crash happens to me as well. IC417, KM 2060.

We're not seeing the crash you're reporting.

Can you try the latest CWS6 Sustaining release on our download site?

Here's the direct link - http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...e-custom-sizes

Thanks,
    G

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

Default Not easily recreatable

Support here couldn't recreate, only recommendation scrape reinstall. Am willing to provide nananana logs etc. if you would like to look into it.

We're not seeing the crash you're reporting.

Can you try the latest CWS6 Sustaining release on our download site?

Here's the direct link - http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...e-custom-sizes

Thanks,
    G

Can you replicate on that sustaining release?

Upgrading CWS is a lot easier than reloading the Fiery server...

Default Tried various CWS

Can you replicate on that sustaining release?

Upgrading CWS is a lot easier than reloading the Fiery server...
    Tried on CWS6 and 5... Mac and PC

Any update on this? I am experiencing this as well. two macs and one PC crash saving an edited profile on an IC-417. CWS 5.8 and 6.1

Thanks,
    Shawn

Disregard - I found the patch...

+ Reply to Thread