+ Reply to Thread

Thread: privacy questions regarding Jobflow's cloud services

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Default privacy questions regarding Jobflow's cloud services

Hi!

My customer recently asked me which kind of information are transferred to external servers during a regular JobFlow usage. I see that JobFlow is using EFI's cloud services, for example, in order to send notifications or password retrival mails.

Now we're wondering what information is exchanged and why JobFlow doesn't use the company's mail server for communication, especially if there's no permanent internet connection available (my customer is using JobFlow for inhouse approvals).

Thanks for any help1
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

As you mentioned, by default JobFlow uses the JobFlow notification service for email notifications. If the customer wants instead to use their own email server you can manage that via the Admin->Account->Services settings.

And for full disclosure (we have nothing to hide) other cloud services JobFlow uses are:
    - our licensing service that checks if the JobFlow license is valid.
    - if configured, JobFlow checks Dropbox for new jobs, creating folders, etc.
    - if configured, JobFlow checks the online Monotype Font repository for fonts.
    - JobFlow uses the Approval cloud services to host a simple web page to provide a link to the job, the preflight report and an approve or decline button.
    - if enabled, JobFlow sends basic, anonymized usage analytics.

Hope this helps.
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Hello Hans,

Thanks for your detailed response. Yes, that shouldn't be a problem for my customer.!
    The main concern was the usage of his own SMTP server for notifications. I'll look into this asap...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

+ Reply to Thread