+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mixed Size Printing

Default Mixed Size Printing

For the last 5 years we have been running a Xerox CP1000 and Fiery EX1000 RIP, on occasion we had to run jobs where the PDF file consisted of mixed sizes, A4 and A3, by just inputting the stock weight and having both sizes of paper available, the printer would happily churn out pages of A4 interspersed with batches or single A3 pages.

All was good.

Recently we have received a Xerox Versant 3100 and Fiery EXP3100 RIP, I have looked and sent test files but I cannot seem to find any way of printing a Mixed Size print job. Is it not available on this RIP? I can't find any mention of it in the help system.
    Xerox Versant 3100 | Fiery EP3100 | CWS 6.0.0.52 | FCPS 4.9.0.21

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

Could you please provide more details on what is happening when you print the Mixed size job to EXP3100. Is it printing on one paper size . Are you printing from CWS?

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

Hi Ranjitha,

With the CP1000 and EXP1000 I placed the mixed size PDF in a hot folder, then used CWS to change the paper stock weight, I did not specify a paper stock in CWS at all. I don't remember if there were any options on the EXP1000 to enable mixed size printing.

I've tried doing just the same on the EXP3100, both A4 and A3 sizes are available, 100gsm stock.

The job appears on the CWS as processed, I change the paper weight to 91-105gsm, I do not specify a stock from the catalogue or paper size, and press print.

The Printer starts, and I'm faced with the message:
    Load A4 LEF Plain 91-105gsm White in Tray 5 (Bypass)

I currently have A4 LEF 100gsm in tray one and A3 100gsm in tray two.

After a few minutes the job drops back to the held queue on CWS.

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

I tried printing the Mixed Page size job (A4 & A3) , i am able to print successfully.
    Have you done the stock properties settings from Stock Library manager?
    Can you try unchecking "Stock by Name only" option in the Stock library manager->Stock Properties->Advanced setup (screenshot attached for reference)

Please check it and let me know whether this works or if you still face any issues.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.
    Attached Images  

Ranjitha,

You're a star. That has worked perfectly. Thank you.

Thumbs up

I'm glad to hear that it worked.

+ Reply to Thread