+ Reply to Thread

Thread: v6 Silent Install

Default v6 Silent Install

Hello,

It appears that the same syntax for installing v5.8 Silently no longer works through our Deployment Solution.

Fiery User Software Installer\setup.exe /hide_progress /clone_wait -install SILENT NORBTDLG

Anybody else run into issues?

It looks like the installer gives an exit code of '0' before it is finished installing causing it to think it installed and then not detecting the application and failing. This is using the Application Method in ConfigMgr.

It was not packaged correctly by EFI. I was able to do this just fine in 5.8.

Alas, we do not have a support contract so I'm hoping our Vendor/Reseller can escalate something but I'm doubtful.

It looks like the installer gives an exit code of '0' before it is finished installing causing it to think it installed and then not detecting the application and failing. This is using the Application Method in ConfigMgr.

It was not packaged correctly by EFI. I was able to do this just fine in 5.8.

Alas, we do not have a support contract so I'm hoping our Vendor/Reseller can escalate something but I'm doubtful.

I think you've already been in touch with one of our SDMs on this issue, is that correct?

Could you try the following? (you were using CWS 5.8 command line arguments)

Windows_User_SW\Fiery User Software Installer\setup.exe /hide_progress /clone_wait SILENT NORBTDLG

After the command is run, get the log files from %appdata%\EFI_Installers

Hello,

Yes, I'm simultaneously working with several people to try and resolve this. I will attach those logs. The issue is that the command-line points to an installer that is a wrapper. While that installer proceeds to the sub-installers it throws and Exit Code that deployment solutions interpret as "Reboot Needed." If I run that command interactively as a user it installs correctly. Deploying it through a deployment solution prompts for a reboot within 5 seconds and it never installs.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello,

Yes, I'm simultaneously working with several people to try and resolve this. I will attach those logs. The issue is that the command-line points to an installer that is a wrapper. While that installer proceeds to the sub-installers it throws and Exit Code that deployment solutions interpret as "Reboot Needed." If I run that command interactively as a user it installs correctly. Deploying it through a deployment solution prompts for a reboot within 5 seconds and it never installs.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread