+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery driver doesn't detect new square-fold finisher

Default Fiery driver doesn't detect new square-fold finisher

Good morning,

I'm working with a Canon C750 with a booklet maker and face trim finishing. We have a G100 embedded Fiery, all of this was recently installed maybe a month ago. We just had the square fold finishing installed and we are unable to see it in the driver. We have tried to refresh the two-way communication with no luck, the driver (and Command Workstation) are unable to see this finisher.

Does anyone know if the square fold finisher is supported with a G100 Fiery, or does this require a larger H300 external/tower Fiery?

Thanks!

Hi elthran,

It sounds like we need to tell the driver that there are new options available. The easiest way to do this is to navigate to the Printer Preferences and then go to the Installable Options tab.

There, you should see a checkbox for Two-way communication and an update button. Doing both will allow the driver to detect the new finisher and enable the option.

-Anthony

Ended up not being the driver or SNMP... the square-fold doesn't "talk" to the copier in a way I was used to, turns out I need to have the square-fold intercept booklet jobs from the machine using the control panel on the square-fold itself in order for it to apply square folding to the booklets.

+ Reply to Thread