+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seeing duplicate "locked" calibration targets

Default Seeing duplicate "locked" calibration targets

Since Calibration settings actually "live" on the Fiery, and not necessarily within Command Workstation, I thought this forum would be the best place for this question.

I have a customer with an IC-308 (FS-150) DFE that is showing duplicates of the factory installed calibration targets. I'm attaching a camera phone picture below of the screen (found under Device Center>General>Tools>Calibrate>Manage) to illustrate this anomaly.

Of course since these extra calibration targets are "locked", it doesn't allow me to just delete them. So short of a complete system software reload, does anyone know how to get rid of these "extra" Cal targets? Thanks!

Name:  Cal screen pic.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  982.1 KB

Default Anybody?

Just checking back to see if anyone has any input as to what the next step(s) should be here...

Reload? (seems sort of a drastic fix), can I locate the duplicate locked calibration target in some "hidden" file somewhere and just remove it manually via a command line?

I'm open to ideas...this one is keeping us from moving forward on some custom profiles and other color management tasks we'd like to accomplish.

Thanks!

Default When this happened to me...

I'm not sure if this is the best course of action, but when it happened to me I looked at the creation date of the icc's and deleted the one that didn't match my profile creation date. I haven't noticed any problems yet.

I just assumed this resulted from a network communication glitch while saving a calibration that cause the icc to duplicate.

Default Seeing duplicate "locked" calibration targets

Usually when I see this its tells me that they system software somehow got corrupted and the best way to resolve this is to a full system reload. I would not chance just deleting the icc file with the anomalous date. (YMMV).

I always have my clients create a backup shortly after install and all updates have been applied. Then the restore process is much quicker than a full reload.

F.1

+ Reply to Thread