+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Print A5 onto A4 - cutting marks?

bencr is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor bencr is on a distinguished path

Default Print A5 onto A4 - cutting marks?

Hi all,

I have a question about CWS. I have a KM c754e with an IC-414, with Jobmaster installed.

A supplier has provided me with some A4 sized tab sheets (index paper). We need to print onto these tab sheets and then trim the sheets down to A5 size (as our machine will not print onto A5 tab sheets).

We are using Jobmaster to insert tabs before bookmarks.

My question is this: is there any way in CWS or Acrobat to print a cutting/trimming mark onto the tab sheets, so that when they have printed out we can easily stick them on the guillotine and trim them down?

Many thanks,

Ben

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

If you have an Impose license, then you can use that to put crop marks around your content.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

bencr is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor bencr is on a distinguished path

thanks for this. we don't have an impose licence, and as we have only just purchased jobmaster I think it is unlikely we will be able to purchase any additional licences.

Default Print A5 onto A4 - cutting marks?

Hello bencr,

Marks cannot be placed while using JobMaster, you will need an additional license.

But if Impose is licensed, Marks are available from the Settings Pane.

You are able to modify size, offset from trim, mark color, add fold marks if necessary and also add Job Label information if interested.

I hope this is useful to your workflow. I apologize for incorrect previous post.

Charlie
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by CharlieWilfahrt; 10-04-2017 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Incorrect Information

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

It would be a great enhancement, if a simple "place crop marks" around source file's trim box could be added to the general job properties. That would save a lot of time for jobs that just need crop marks (and no further imposition)...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

+ Reply to Thread