+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adjusting Image Size

Default Adjusting Image Size

If i print a 12x18 box, the box will come out either slightly larger or smaller than 12x18.

I know on a different printed i am able to print out a test sheet and do a measurement and plug in the corrected values and the 12x18 box would actually be 12x18.

Is there somewhere i can adjust this in the Fiery?

I have a Ricoh C901s - Graphic Arts + with FS Pro 100

Thanks!
    Trevor

Trevor,

I'm 99% sure that on that engine, that is an adjustment made by your Ricoh service. We can adjust X - Y and skew with tray alignment in the Fiery, but I'm not aware of magnification adjustments.

Cheers!
    Shawn

My Ricoh tech guy thinks it is a Fiery setting.

I used to be a production analyst for a Ricoh dealer. The 901 was one engine older than I ever sold, but on the 5100, 5200 and 7100's it was an adjustment for service. Maybe even in the advanced paper catalog settings? I can't remember for sure.

Good luck!
    Shawn

I agree with ShawnW, this should be an engine side setting.

As Shawn mentioned we do have Tray alignment (CWS Server Menu > Align Tray) but this is to compensate for skewing and front/back registration. Also this feature can make super fine lines jaggy, when it rotates the pages.

We also have under Job Properties > Layout > Scale (default is 100%). You can change that as well, for each job in Job Properties, or for the whole server (which will apply to all jobs) using the 'Set Defaults' feature in CWS6.

But I really think the engine side adjustment is what you need.

+ Reply to Thread