+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Impose - reliability issue

Exclamation Impose - reliability issue

On a 300 page document that we do a simple A4 2up on A3 imposition on we have 3 or four pages where it does not repeat on the second half when saved as a flat PDF (which we need to do to do further page programming)
    It makes for interesting proofing as we usually keep half and send half to our customer - who might find missing pages (blanks) which confuses us if our half is all present and correct! Or perhaps worse if they approve the good half then the subsequently run job is 50% bad...
    How can I go about troubleshooting this?
    Are there any known PDF settings to avoid in producing the PDF files to impose?
    Is impose known to be flaky?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulP View Post
    On a 300 page document that we do a simple A4 2up on A3 imposition on we have 3 or four pages where it does not repeat on the second half when saved as a flat PDF (which we need to do to do further page programming)
    It makes for interesting proofing as we usually keep half and send half to our customer - who might find missing pages (blanks) which confuses us if our half is all present and correct! Or perhaps worse if they approve the good half then the subsequently run job is 50% bad...
    How can I go about troubleshooting this?
    Are there any known PDF settings to avoid in producing the PDF files to impose?
    Is impose known to be flaky?
    We have a similar issue with business cards, imposed using CWS. I can see a preview of the imposed duplex file but then when we go to print it will have just one in the center of the page (duplexed, but just the one card, not 24up.)
    Doesn't happen all the time and usually just quitting CWS and restarting it does the trick. Worried about when it WON'T, however...

Hopefully we'll both get some helpful info today!

Hi PaulP,

Can you private message me and send me the PDF file which is exhibiting this behavior? Also, please let me know which Impose version you are using. From CWS menu select Help->About CWS and look for the version of "Impose/Compose/JobMaster".

Thanks
    Mark

Default Impose - reliability issue

PerpetualPrintNoob,

I have seen this behavior a couple times myself and banged my head against it pretty hard. Turns out it was a tiny bit of operator (myself) error. I would build my impose job N-up nicely, save it (dbp not pdf), and then while finishing my setup in properties, inadvertently select a job preset that did not use impose. POOF - all gone are my nicely set up impose instructions, and I was only left with a single card, duplexed in the center of my sheet. Fixed this by saving the BC impose template, then calling it from the layout tab in properties. Even went so far as to make a hot folder. Business cards got so EASY!

I assume saving as a flattened PDF would also work, but no where near as fun!

Cheers!
    Shawn

Post Versions

Hi Mark,
    Here are the current versions on our Fiery, we did occasionally have the same issue before upgrading to CWS 6 too. Will look for an example file and pm you, thanks.
    Fiery Command WorkStation Package : 6.0.0.373
    Fiery Command WorkStation : 6.0.0.52
    Calibrator : 2.2.1.1
    Control Bar Builder : 1.2.00.12
    Image Enhance Visual Editor : 2.0.0.14
    ImageViewer : 3.0.0.12
    Impose/Compose/JobMaster : 4.9.0.43
    Job Properties : 3.0.0.44
    Preflight : 1.6.0.5
    Raster Preview : 4.9.0.43

I've submitted some files - let me know if you've not been able to get them? Any further information would be welcome.
    thanks
    Paul

+ Reply to Thread