+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery Crashed - lost all server presets and can't save server presets on driver now

Default Fiery Crashed - lost all server presets and can't save server presets on driver now

Recently upgraded to CWS6 Our fiery crashed during a large job and when it rebooted all our server presets were lost. Now when you print from any application like MSOffice you can only save local presets the popup for server is not available. I have admin access to the Fiery so I can create presets with on CWS but not with the driver.

IT guys and print tech are scratching their heads. Any idea where to start troubleshooting?

Default Fiery Crashed - lost all server presets and can't save server presets on driver now

When saving presets from a print driver, you can only save them to a local preset. The workaround is to go to CWS and open properties from the MSOffice print job. Here you can save the preset as a server preset so it is available to everyone on the network.

Good news is, if you have any jobs in the fiery HOLD - PRINT - ARCHIVE queues that survived the crash, you can open properties in CWS and re-save those options as presets. As I am sure you have learned now, backing up your fiery on a regular basis is always worth the time

Cheers!
    Shawn

Hi Shawn,

I can confirm that what you describe is how our Fiery behaves now, but it didn't behave that way before the crash.

What is supposed to happen on the driver when I click on save presets:
    1. A box pops up that asks if you want to save to Local or Server. Once you choose:
    2. another box pops up to ask for the name of the preset.

Right now only the second box pops up and when saves only saves to Local. I did find a document on the EFI website showing instructions with the first box before I posted but I can't find it now.

Can you confirm if there were any changes made to the behaviour of the software recently?

Can someone reading this confirm if they can save server presets with the driver?

Thanks,

Tony

Tony,

Sorry, I'm just another user/operator with no real insight into software changes. I know I have never been able to save a server preset from the driver, but I have never really had a need to. I usually set up Virtual Printers for driver based workflows and only use presets for native PDF printing thru CWS. Hopefully someone else on here can chime in with more details.

Thanks,
    Shawn

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

I just checked, and I can confirm that, when printing through the Windows print driver from Microsoft Word, the only kind of preset I can save is a Local preset. I do not get the dialog box with the radio buttons that lets you choose Server preset. As far as I know, that was only ever available in Command Workstation.

+ Reply to Thread