+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CWS 6 good features removed. Why?

Default CWS 6 good features removed. Why?

Well v6 came along and I don't want to get too picky before getting used to it.

But one really handy feature that was introduced with CWS5 is now removed that has gotten our operators annoyed:
    When you are observing "held"- or "printed"-cue you can't type in the number of copies directly anymore. Instead you have to open properties to do that. Also renaming is not possible anymore via same procedure.

Is there certain reason why this has been removed or would there be possibility to get it back along with upcoming updates?

Hi Mikko,

You can still do this, from the Job Summary on the right side of your screen. See screenshot below.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 09.32.47.png
Views: 825
Size:  13.8 KB

Inline editing is allowed for the items where the edit icon (pencil) is shown.

Kind regards,
    Rune

Oh yeah!

Thank's for that.

Our operators feedback was:
    That helps a lot but still the old way was more convenient along with possibility to easily rename.
    But they can live with this.

Hi Mikko,

Filename can also be edited inline.

And more: http://help.efi.com/cws/6.0/en-us/GU...7A8AB49A0.html

Kind regards,
    Rune

Yes it can at summary and by right clickin the job.
    But what I mean how we feel here it was more convenient when it was possible to be done by directly typing in to the text lines at cue.
    Small details I know but these small details are those that determines how fluent the system is to operate.

BTW is there certain reason why it's not possible to select multiple jobs, go into properties and choose impose template for all at once?

Hi Mikko,

Impose allows you to work on one job at a time, but you could work around it by saving your template in a preset.
    Then you can right-click multiple jobs in the hold queue and apply your preset (workflow menu) to all jobs simultaneously.

Kind regards,
    Rune

OK,

We use job presets in an other manner and can't have the situation to have tens and tens of presets because of different impose templates.

So you mean that at job properties (opened for multiple jobs at the same time) when you choose an impose template without actually opening impose plug in it is technically impossible to allow multiple choices to be made at the same time? Is there an impose process started right away when you make your choice and that being the reason why you need to pick those templates one by one?

I'm just going to hijack this thread too,

Back on CWS5.x on our old ex1000, we could print separations, but specifically we could print one sheet with cmy on it and a second with cmyk, now on our exp3100 with CWS6.x we can't, we can print separations, but they default to 4 sheets, k/ck/cmk/cmyk.

Is it possible to change that, I've looked but not found anything.
    Xerox Versant 3100 | Fiery EP3100 | CWS 6.0.0.52 | FCPS 4.9.0.21

Default Using ImageViewer and Curves in Job Properties to replace Progressives?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones_Ed View Post
    I'm just going to hijack this thread too,

Back on CWS5.x on our old ex1000, we could print separations, but specifically we could print one sheet with cmy on it and a second with cmyk, now on our exp3100 with CWS6.x we can't, we can print separations, but they default to 4 sheets, k/ck/cmk/cmyk.

Is it possible to change that, I've looked but not found anything.
    Jones_Ed,

You may want to consider using ImageViewer (IV) and IV curves in Job Properties (JP).

From ImageViewer, you can deselect separations and hit print.

When printers offer more than CMYK, it is possible with ImageViewer to inspect even CMYK+ colorants (like Orange) or specialty inks (like Silver or Clear).

If you need to print, especially multiple page documents or want the convenience of JP, and your Fiery model is recent enough like FS-200 for Versant 3100, consider what is possible with ImageViewer curves in JP. In IV, you can flatten and save any combinations of curves with a custom name. You can create as many sets of curves as you want. To use a set of curves, go to the JP Color Tab and just select it.

I am curious as why you need to print. Inspection with ImageViewer is not sufficient? Please let us know how the Progressives feature is helpful to you. Were you wishing for enhancements to Progressives? What kind of documents do you want to use with it? What is your application for progressives?

Hi Paul_M,

Thanks for replying, we don't print progressives often, only when a large or complex print job is going to an outside print supplier, then we want to visually check to make sure the job will print as expected.

So many times, a small piece of text or a supplied logo is set up as a rich black/rgb colour and therefore is going to appear across multiple plates when it really should only appear on the black plate.

The ability to produce the progressives in that way on CWS5 on the EX1000 was really helpful.
    Xerox Versant 3100 | Fiery EP3100 | CWS 6.0.0.52 | FCPS 4.9.0.21

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast