Thread: Mixed Media Layout not working

Angry Mixed Media Layout not working

This issue has come up for me on multiple occasions, on several different units (Xerox and Konica), all using Fiery Command Workstation. I have multi-page PDF files in 8.5 x 11 (some color pages, some B&W), and want to print them 2-up on an 11x17 sheet (to save color click counts). I can do the 2-up layout easily using the "Gangup - Step & repeat" function under the layout tab, and it prints perfectly - except that I can only choose ALL color, or ALL B&W for the printing. If I go into the media tab and try to define mixed media, to specify that pages ##-## are B&W, and pages ##-## are in color, I get an error message saying that mixed media and gangup are incompatible with each other. This limitation should not exist. I can understand if I were to use the "cut & stack" option, because then the machine might have conflicts between B&W and color pages in the original 8.5 x 11 file, but if I'm using "Step & repeat" then there should not be any conflicts, as it's printing the exact same page side-by-side.

Hello ecgraphics3005

If you have Fiery Impose license then you can use it to target specific pages to be processed as grayscale.

1. Launch Fiery Impose
    2. Set up your Gangup Unique layout
    3. Select the BW pages (multi-select by mouse click or using the "Select Pages By Range" option in the "Edit" menu)
    4. Invoke the "Convert to grayscale" option (From the Action Menu, the right-click menu, or CTRL+Shift+Y hotkey)

Best regards,
    Mark

Thats so inefficient though! I currently have a large document (~200 pages) and the last thing I have time to do is to manually scroll through the file in Impose and individually select pages to override the color settings.

Even the factory interface on some of our old presses let me type in page exceptions, theres no reason why the latest version of Fiery software shouldn't be able to do the same...

The Select Pages by Range function does allow you to type in the pages. You don't need to scroll and click each page in this case.

Mark