+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrong calibration used?

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Default Wrong calibration used?

Hi!

I've already tried twice to profile a new paper type using CPS 4.8.4.28 but after scanning all patches, CPS warns me that the patches were not printed using the correct calibration.

That's strange because I created a new calibration in the first step of the wizard and also checked that the profiling patch was printed using that "_temp" calibration.

Could it be related to the fact that the PC entry for that media already existed and is combined with a different output profile (which should be replaced after all)?
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Default Where is the error reported?

Can you provide a screen shot of the warning?

There is a feature in CPS that compares the data from calibration to the data in the profiling pages. If the data is outside the tolerance, then a warning dialog is shown. You can adjust the tolerance and if the feature is enabled in the CPS preferences.

Justin
    Last edited by Justin_dB; 09-07-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Hi!

I've already tried twice to profile a new paper type using CPS 4.8.4.28 but after scanning all patches, CPS warns me that the patches were not printed using the correct calibration.

That's strange because I created a new calibration in the first step of the wizard and also checked that the profiling patch was printed using that "_temp" calibration.

Could it be related to the fact that the PC entry for that media already existed and is combined with a different output profile (which should be replaced after all)?
    This is the message I get even though I just started A G7 Calibration and am continuing on after reading the profile targets. Doesn't seem to negatively affect the profile but why does this show up.
    Attached Images  

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Yes, Doyle posted exactly what I've been talking about. If it's really just a warning about too high DeltaE values then it might be ignored ...

But I fear that this error message could be related to a wrong calibration set being applied to the patches printout (as the message states) or it could be a warning about measurement errors. Both would be fatal ;-)

Maybe it's spectro related? I'm using an ES-2000 in M2 mode.
    Last edited by oxident; 09-08-2017 at 11:20 PM.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754

Default Yes - this is the calibration check in Printer Profiler preferences

Printer uniformity is often the cause.

When the patch location on the paper is different than the patch location in the profile chart on the page - you will see additional difference in the data compared. The difference reported here could be page to page, or print to print, or intra page uniformity differences.

Its a warning - not a show stopper. Consider all your factors to variation - and decide if you want service - or if the level of difference reported is normal for your printer. You try to address your engine performance, or you can ignore or turn off this feature.

Justin

Well, as I do have a service contract with KM, I'm wondering what values should be considered as a machine problem. I mean, the KM's internal CDC should take care of some linearization problems already.

It would be great if CPS could tell a little more detail about the problem. I mean, I have green check marks on every scanned line and therefore I've thought, everything went fine ... Until that message box appeared.

Default Good feeback

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll pass this along.

Note: - Factory default setting for the calibration check feature is disabled. The default was changed a long time back as the warning itself is overly alarming. As suggested - there is a lack of information provided at this point in the workflow to be instructive.

That would be great. Thanks for your efforts!

+ Reply to Thread