+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Imposition Template loss, affecting Archived Jobs - AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

Unhappy Imposition Template loss, affecting Archived Jobs - AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

I hope someone can offer some assistance with this. I have a KM C1085 with the IC-310 Fiery.

The machine lost the Imposition Templates, so we added them back in (from a saved backup).
    Once they've been loaded in, although the Imposition Templates appear as they previously did, we are unable to Process & Hold, access Job Properties or edit in any way any of the easily THOUSANDS of Archived Jobs. The jobs sit in the Archived list, but we can't do anything with them.

When we right-click, the options we get are: Delete, Rename (Greyed Out), Properties. When Properties is selected, NONE of the options can be changed.
    If anyone has any suggestions, or knows of a workaround for this, PLEASE get in touch, thank you.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Default Exactly same problem happened to us last week on Konica C1100

We have had exactly the same issue with first of all the imposition templates being lost, once we brought them back in our archive files no longer worked, I posted about the archive files problem got a reply from a contributor but their fix did not work and we are now having to reimport all our archives which amount to 1000s which is a real time-consuming pain. Anyone with any idea how to resolve this or how it happened in the first place would be much appreciated.

Hello,

Can someone kindly expand upon what it meant by "imposition templates are lost"?

Thanks
    Mark

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

I'm quite sure they mean the imposition templates in the layout tab of the job properties.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

When you say "The machine lost the Imposition Templates, so we added them back in (from a saved backup)."

How did you add them back? Which tool did you use?
    Was it Fiery System Restore (runs from DVD) - or backup and restore tool (Runs from Command Workstation or Configure tool) or another method?

I"m trying to figure out why imposition templates should affect archives - it doesn't make sense to me, but I suspect the restore process may be related.

G.

+ Reply to Thread