+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: After CW6 update it takes 40 sec to open Profiles

Angry After CW6 update it takes 40 sec to open Profiles

Hello,

So i just updated to CW6 and everything seems to be working quite all right except when i want to Color Edit a profile.

/Device Center/Profile and as soon as i hit that Profiles it starts to load and takes 40 sec before i can click anything else. This happens every time i try to do that, its like the program is loading in the profiles every single time. Anyone else experiencing this or know a way to solve it?

CW package: 6.0.0.373
    CW 6.0.0.52
    Windows 7 pro

Thanks for taking your time

Hi Cired,

Just tried this on a few Fierys here and don't see the issue you're describing. Here the profile window opens instantly.
    Which Fiery do you have?
    Do you see the lag opening any other windows?

Thanks,
    Rune

Quote Originally Posted by Rune_C View Post
    Hi Cired,

Just tried this on a few Fierys here and don't see the issue you're describing. Here the profile window opens instantly.
    Which Fiery do you have?
    Do you see the lag opening any other windows?

Thanks,
    Rune
    FS150 Pro. No other lag on any of the other tabs in the Device Center (although the Device center itself takes a few sec longer to open then before but that doest really matter since its such a small different)

I tried to do the same thing now on another computer in the buildning(A Mac) and there it goes a lot faster, around 5 sec. Still before it went almost immediately.

One more thing just to clarify. The second after i clicked the list of CMYK source profiles, RGB profiles and Output Profiles shows up but i cant press anything until after 40 sec. If i then click on another tab like Spot Colors and then clicks back into Profiles it works fine. So its the problem comes back every time i reopen the Device Center.

Hmm, I was also testing on FS150Pro and FS200. Not seeing the same here. I can move through various menus without any lag here. On multiple Fierys. Which one have you got? If we have the same in our lab I will try that one as well. Feel free to PM me the server config page if you like.

Could you try to remove the Fiery from CWS and then re-add it?
    Also, there's a 'clear server password and cache' button in CWS preferences. Perhaps also worth trying.

Are you seeing this from multiple Win7 clients? Or just the one? Also, do you see the same if you test locally on the Fiery itself?

Kind regards,
    Rune

Quote Originally Posted by Rune_C View Post
    Hmm, I was also testing on FS150Pro and FS200. Not seeing the same here. I can move through various menus without any lag here. On multiple Fierys. Which one have you got? If we have the same in our lab I will try that one as well. Feel free to PM me the server config page if you like.

Could you try to remove the Fiery from CWS and then re-add it?
    Also, there's a 'clear server password and cache' button in CWS preferences. Perhaps also worth trying.

Are you seeing this from multiple Win7 clients? Or just the one? Also, do you see the same if you test locally on the Fiery itself?

Kind regards,
    Rune
    oh my i think i got myself into trouble now
    i tired to re-add and that did not change anything. So i decided to reinstall CWS i went to add and remove program and uninstalled it, Now i cant install it the software manger wont let me download it again and i cant install an earlier verison neither from CD or the homepage since it says that a newer version is installed (i guess it means a newer version of Software mangers is installed but i dont even know how to uninstall the software manger).

Edit:i only have 1 windows computer rest of them is apple.

Thanks
    Last edited by cired; 08-17-2017 at 06:56 AM.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

I can confirm that there is a delay when opening the profiles tab on our IC308 (FS150 Pro) but in my case, it's only 5-10sec. Maybe it depends on the client's horsepower and the number of profiles.
    Maybe EFI could implement a background, non-blocking, preload of those information...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

And I am going to keep complaining about this. The biggest waste of time is the fact that the profiles are not sorted anywhere in CWS. You can sort the calibrations in Calibration Manager so why not in the profile lists?

Again this is a huge waste of time having to hunt through an unsorted list of profiles. In fact many times I open Profile Editor just to see my list of profiles (sorted list) in some order to see what profile I have for a specific paper.

Default RE: After CW6 update it takes 40 sec to open Profiles

Hi Doyle.

How do you sort calibrations automatically? Where is it that you want the profiles sorted? In Device Center, Job Properties, or driver?

If it's all 3 (as I suspect) what would be the first priority to fix for you.

~Lou

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

In Device Center/Tools/Calibrate/Manage. Of course it would be real nice to be able to sort by name in FCP calibration drop down list as well.

As for sorting profiles Yes in all three. Job Properties would be my first choice.

Device Center/Profiles seems it should operate the same as the calibration manager by clicking on the headers at the top of each column.
    Attached Images        

Question for Cired,

After re-installation do you still see such a time lag when trying to open the profiles window?

If so, would you be open to a webex/phone call with us to troubleshoot on your system, as we can't see the issue here?

Thanks,
    Greta.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast