Thread: "One or more jobs needs resources" - cannot get it to print :Xerox WorkCentre 7830

Arrow "One or more jobs needs resources" - cannot get it to print :Xerox WorkCentre 7830

We had a Xerox WorkCentre 7830 installed last week and for the last few days we have been trying to get Fiery WorkStation to send jobs to the printer to no avail. We have SRA3 paper in Tray 4 and we are able to print the calibration page from it, but actual print jobs are met with "One or more queued jobs need resources", which is confusing us no end.

Tray 4 says:

Tray 4 (3TM) SRA3 White 240GSM
    SRA3 (320x450mm), Glossy Card Stock, SEF

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi JollyPrinters,

I suppose that you are printing PS or PDF jobs from CWS5 or CWS6.

Is the issue limited to tray 4, or any trays, for ex: A4 loaded?

What Fiery server version is running? It should be 2.0. If not, please contact a Xerox technician to do the upgrade. It's possible the software is too old for the IOT firmware version, or is corrupted.

l-

Thanks for the reply.

We have since been able to print A4 from Tray 1, but still having the same problem with this SRA3 from other trays. It is SEF where as the one that worked was LEF - could that be something to do with the problem? We don't have any choice with SRA3 though, as it's too big to do LEF.

We are using CWS6 and printing PDFs.

I can't see where the Fiery Server version number is mentioned - where should I be looking? I can see Fiery System 10e if that helps at all?

many thanks

Steve

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

for the printer version number, go to device center, general info tab. At the very very top you should see the printer type. Mine is "XeroxCP1000 (CP1000i - V 3.0)" The 3.0 is my version.

are you using paper catalogs? if not, are you able to?

Have you installed all the patches through webtools? open a browser and put the printers IP address in the web address box. It will go from there. Then go under configure tab and find
    Check for Product Updates.
    Do those patches in order given. Instructions are in the file.

Printer Version: WC7855-3653 (WC7855 - v 1.1)

I'm not sure what you mean by Printer Catalogs?

With the patches - there do appear to be a few, though they are quite old 2013-2015, and don' appear to be related. Obviously that's in my complete novice opinion - so would you recommend applying them anyway?

many thanks for your continued help

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

I would not bother with Paper Catalog - You have a Xerox 7830 ( Office MFD ) with an embedded Fiery 10e running Ver 1.1.

Command Workstation 6 will connect to System 10e - from your Post it would appear that either the job is asking for a specific stock & the 7830 has not been programmed with that stock on it's tray ? or The Job is not asking for the stock - but the 7830 has that stock programmed on the tray ? Hence the mismatch.

So if you open the properties of the Job in CWS & select tray 4 SRA3 Plain White 136-157gsm uncoated in the Media Tab - OK that. Then on the 7830 itself open & shut Tray 4 - change properties & select the above settings - confirm that & then Print the job - what does it do ?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    I would not bother with Paper Catalog - You have a Xerox 7830 ( Office MFD ) with an embedded Fiery 10e running Ver 1.1.

Command Workstation 6 will connect to System 10e - from your Post it would appear that either the job is asking for a specific stock & the 7830 has not been programmed with that stock on it's tray ? or The Job is not asking for the stock - but the 7830 has that stock programmed on the tray ? Hence the mismatch.

So if you open the properties of the Job in CWS & select tray 4 SRA3 Plain White 136-157gsm uncoated in the Media Tab - OK that. Then on the 7830 itself open & shut Tray 4 - change properties & select the above settings - confirm that & then Print the job - what does it do ?
    This is highly likely to be the correct answer.
    I use J75s and D136s and both of these have to be told what paper is being put in the tray. Usually, you can keep the default settings "machine settings" on the Fiery prior to printing but for some stock on Xerox machines, this isn't the case. When printing from the bypass tray for example, you have to set both the Fiery and the machine settings for paper type/size to match - this could be the case on your tray 4.

How are you sending pdfs to the Fiery? If you are sending via a print driver, it might be that you are defining the size of the paper using that - it is always recommended (from my experience) to drag and drop files into the held queue.

Apologies for the late reply - vacation and then other projects needing attention, as always!

So I solved the previous problem thanks to all your help, but now I'm having a new problem, which is quite similar.

I have some 300gsm card and I'm using Tray 5 (Automatic Document Feeder) as the manual says that is only tray I can use for 300gsm stock. I am setting it as:

Paper Size: A4
    Media Type: Heavyweight Card Stock
    Paper Source: Tray 5 (bypass)

On the printer these settings are mimicked. However, I get the message One or more jobs needs resources when I go to print.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

SEF is my friend - oops!