+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need help

Question need help

Hello

I 'm working on a project of automating job submission to a fiery server FS100 with an MGI meteor printer

and i have to submit a job from our system software (coded in java) to the fiery server

with respect to these requirement:

- The number of copies of each job submit to fiery server should be specified by our system software without manual intervention of the operator on command workstation

- For each job submit to the printer, we should have on each copy a printed information index of copy / total copies number of the job:

for exemple for a job (1 page pdf) submit with 30 copies we should have a first printed copy with the information 1/30 then the second copy with 2/30 printed…

how can i ensure these requirements by automating job submission from our software to fiery server? and what are the offered alternatives?(api...)

I don't know how to start can you please guide me and send me docs or tutorials ?

thanks a lot,

Good morning, there are a few possibilities you can look at:

JobFlow Base has a feature called JobFlow Ticket where you can submit a very simple text based ticket that contains the location of the file you want to print with the quantity you would like to apply.

For the cover page requirement, you can use the full version of JobFlow where you can use the integrated Pitstop functionality and possibly some scripting to add the cover page with copy number info.

More info about ticket and scripting can be found at http://www.efi.com/library/efi/docum...k_ig_en_us.pdf

More than willing to help you get started. You can send me an email on hans.sep[at]efi.com.
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery Jobflow

Default Fiery job submission automation

Hello,

Thank you very much for your prompt response,

I thought that the mentioned requirements can be handled by using Fiery JDF, but i can't find MGI meteor DP8700 Se+ printer in the supported list of printer that can be used with jdf, does it mean that jdf cannot be supported and the only supported solution is using JobFlow?

I would like just to understand the different alternatives that we dispose in Fiery solution in order to fulfill our requirements?

If we will decide to eleminate the second requirement (mentioned below) and work only on the first requirement can we use the Fiery API to submit automatically job with a number of copy specified from our software? what is the difference in that case between Fiery API and Fiery JobFlow?

In case that we will use JobFlow, i did not understand how we can submit a job with a number of copy specified from our software to Firey server using JobFlow, can you give me more details?

Thanks a lot,
    Slim

With JobFlow you can submit jobs via a simple text based ticket. For instance, if you have 3 jobs called "a.pdf", "b.pdf" and "c.pdf" and you want to print each of them with different quantities you can create a text file "ticket.csv" with the following content:

c:\jobs\a.pdf,10
    c:\jobs\b.pdf,25
    c:\jobs\c.pdf,10

You can then submit the ticket.csv to a jobflow workflow by copying it in a jobflow hotfolder. JobFlow, in turn, will get the jobs from the locations in the ticket file and apply the quantity. You can name the ticket whatever you want.

Hope this helps!
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

+ Reply to Thread