+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crop Marks channging bleed values

Post Crop Marks channging bleed values

Hello,
    Okay here is my question. When I use InDesign and add crop marks or bleed marks to my file for final production, it becomes resized e.g. 4.25 X 6.25 results in 4.58 X 6.58. What am I doing wrong. I have tried every combination to produce as I intended.
    Any help in this would be appreciated.
    Aneel

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

I asked my graphics to change it but she said it couldn't be done. It is frustrating i know, i use acrobat afterwards to reset bleed to .25. My method is to use the trim box as the anchor and reset the bleed/art from that. I put it in quickruns and then make it a favorite so it becomes a keybound shortcut ( Ctrl alt shift A is the first one done ). That way any art i get from Graphics i can make it bleed properly, or remove bleed as needed, with just a key press.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 is working their way up in the world

Quote Originally Posted by aneel View Post
    Hello,
    Okay here is my question. When I use InDesign and add crop marks or bleed marks to my file for final production, it becomes resized e.g. 4.25 X 6.25 results in 4.58 X 6.58. What am I doing wrong.
    Absolutely nothing. That's the size of the document with the crop marks included.

Do this: create your document, tell it to bleed 0.125 on each edge, then export it using document bleed but turn off crop marks.

What do you get?

In digital printing, I encourage output to be 1-up with bleed, and no other marks. My RIP will take care of all of that. I just need the bleed.

And btw, I have a Pitstop action that will strip printer marks (crop marks, color bars, etc) and crop to bleed. Bam. Now I can automate submitting the file, and let the RIP take care of the printer marks and positioning based on the instructions I gave.

How many people here get PDFs that include double crop marks, color bars, registration targets, etc? I want to find the guy at Adobe who thinks that was a great default, and strangle him. Clueless InDesign users--most of whom couldn't even spell InDesign until a week into their jobs--just hit the "go" button on everything and assume it all works. That's insane. It's like flying a 747 to Europe without knowing what you're doing or touching the controls, trusting Boeing to have set everything correctly for every possible situation.
    Last edited by adam1991; 08-11-2017 at 01:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread