+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JobFlow on MIC-4150

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Default JobFlow on MIC-4150

I have a site where JobFlow was installed on an MIC-4150 w/KM 1250, with some custom scripts, and has been running well for about a year.

Recently we added another MIC-4150 w/KM 1250, with the intention of passing JobFlow-processed jobs from one MIC-4150 to the other either by forwarding it using "Send to" in Command Workstation, or (better) setting up the second MIC-4150 as an output destination in JobFlow.

Either way, when the job is received at the second MIC-4150, two bad things (that we know of so far) happen:

(1) The paper profiles are all lost, for the main paper of the job, and for mixed media. Under Mixed Media, the size, weight, and type, and tray call of each exception is preserved, but the paper profile name is lost, and replaced with a number.

With the MIC-4150, there is no export or import of the paper catalog, so each paper profile had to be created manually on the 1250 panel. However, without the paper profile name, the result was multiple paper mismatches. I would think that a match on size, weight, type, and tray - even without the name - should work; but it didn't.

(2) In the finishing tab, output is set for "Face up - normal order," as per customer specification, even though it means printing doesn't begin until ripping is finished. This works as expected on the original machine. On the second machine, even though the job setting is preserved ("Face up - normal order"), the job is erroneously being printed face down - normal order. The moment we observe the 1250 kick in before the MIC-4150 is done ripping, we have to cancel the job.

Actions taken: I have reloaded and fully patched the second MIC-4150 on site, to no avail. Still getting numbers where paper names should be, and face-down output.

As I write this, I am cloning the fully patched MIC-4150, after which I will restore an image backup of the original MIC-4150 to this unit. I understand that the JobFlow and Impose licenses on the original unit will not be effective on the second unit; but I do not intend to use JobFlow on the second unit, and I have a second Impose license.

All suggestions welcome!

Steve

Good morning Steve, if possible please report this via EFI support so the team can have a look at this. You can also contact me directly via hans.sep[at]efi.com to get the team involved. Thanks.
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Thanks, Hans. I am hopefully making some progress on the paper profile name front, which I will feed back to this thread just for the record. And I'll e-mail you as well. Thanks.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Right now I'm curious what happens when you archive a job from system 1 and "import archived file" on system 2.

The "number" thing doesn't surprise me; the paper catalog items are actually stored by number. Have been forever. That doesn't excuse not using the catalog name, though; sounds like a bug to me.

Well, it *is* the MIC-4150.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Steve0 View Post
    Well, it *is* the MIC-4150.
    Well, to be totally honest, I was going to use those EXACT words myself. But I restrained myself.

Hans, has anything ever come of this issue. I'm dealing with the exact same issue at a customer now. Just hoping for some direction. Currently the only fix I see is to not use Paper Catalog entries at CWS, and choose size, weight and tray only.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans_S View Post
    Good morning Steve, if possible please report this via EFI support so the team can have a look at this. You can also contact me directly via hans.sep[at]efi.com to get the team involved. Thanks.
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

Good morning, let me check with the team.
    --
    Hans

Sorry to interrupt.
    But how exactly are you choosing paper from CWS catalog for in coming jobs from jobflow?

I haven't figured out any other way than to call for CWS preset at jobflows output module. Preset having all the settings (including paper from catalog) in it.

But I feel it to be somewhat inconvenient since the number of presets and workflows tend to get out of hands.

Is there an other way to pass the information of paper catalog item, copy number, and other settings to CWS?

Steve0, sshoaf1, quick update to let you (and the forum) know we have not been able to replicate the issue. I will reach out to you via email to follow up with support.
    --
    Hans

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast