Thread: DocuColor / EXP50 Not Recognizing Custom Paper Profiles Settings From The Printer

Unhappy DocuColor / EXP50 Not Recognizing Custom Paper Profiles Settings From The Printer

Specs:
    DocuColor 5000 with Fiery EXP50 Graphic Arts Package

Problem:
    I recently purchased a Docucolor 5000 / Fiery EXP50. I'm loving the Fiery Work Station (first time user) but cannot print using the custom paper profile settings from the printer. The Command Workstation simply wont recognize the paper profiles set in the printer.

It only prints if I choose the default Coated / Uncoated options on the printer's tray settings.

I have have another DC 5000 running a Freeflow RIP. We normally set / create custom profile settings on the printer to tweak the 2nd Bias Transfer Roll which gives us much better print quality on heavy card stock. Otherwise, we get a lot of mottle. I guess I took this feature for granted. On the Freeflow, we simply select the tray and print.

Now, with the recently purchased DC 5000 / Fiery RIP. I cannot print using the custom paper profiles set on the printer. I notice the Fiery has custom paper selections 1-10 which in theory, based on my research, should match the printer's custom paper profiles. But the Fiery simply wont recognize the paper in the given tray. It thinks the stock is incorrect.

We have tried endless settings and hours on end, with no results. We have also wiped out the Fiery Color Server software completely and reinstalled from scratch. Still same results.

I'm hoping someone on this forum can hopefully guide me on the correct path to fixing this issue.

Name:  custom paper settings dc 5000.png
Views: 1200
Size:  50.0 KB

Thumbs up Problem Solved

After endless hours of troubleshooting, I finally fixed it. If anyone ever runs into this. The fix turned out to be a patch. Not sure which one exactly. I installed the following.

ID: PRODID
    ID:*1-Y35R8
    ID:*1-11ABEP
    ID:*1-126KZD

Thanks to much research and this thread, I found this link which help me find the patch that led to fixing the problem

https://liveupdate.efi.com/WebUpdate...18EFEX1020.PPD

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Always, always, ALWAYS bring the system up to date with current patches before doing ANY troubleshooting.