Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Running Fiery Hot Folders program as a service

Default Running Fiery Hot Folders program as a service

I saw a post that was 5 years old on this and was just wondering if Fiery Hot Folders had the capability to start automatically by running as a service. Does anyone know?

Thanks

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

I remember that thread - some one did manage to cobble a way of running it as a service - but it wasn't very elegant ? are you running Hotfolders on your Fiery ? if so you can put the Hotfolder into the Start Up directory so it fires up when you Power on the Fiery - not exactly what you want but as a workaround ? just a thought ?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

While hot folders are still around, what you're looking for is Job Flow.

Free. Basically replaces hot folders.

Thanks for the tips. I will look into job flow

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Ok -you install jobflow on your Fiery / Server & does exactly the same thing as hotfolders? the question the op put is does it run under a service account ?
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 08-03-2017 at 03:47 PM.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

While Jobflow is indeed a cool new product, the free version lacks a few important features, such as automatic JPEG scaling/rotation. Therefore, it can't replace HF. Putting HF in the Autostart folder and using automatic login is the way to go.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Always looking for feedback on what to improve/add to JobFlow Base to make it a true replacement for Hot Folders. @oxident: you mention more image conversion control, anything else? @thislegorm: JobFlow runs as a service under a JobFlow user account and can be installed on FS200 based external Fiery's or any Windows 7 and above client or VM.
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

@Hans: For me, one of the most important features of HF is the ability to customize the workflow. There are two more points which still causes me to continue using HF instead of JobFlow Base:
    - Control the way, MS Office documents are converted to PS/PDF: For example, HF gives me the ability to print PowerPoint files in many different ways, not just "one slide per page". So maybe JobFlow could add some "options" to Convert workflow step.

- Job properties: I know that it's a real good practice to manage common job property sets using templates / virtual printers, sometimes you need to set up a very specialized workflow, involving many "uncommon" settings. HF is able to define them directly in place, without the need for creating a job template on the Fiery Server itself. I know it sounds like a lot of work to "visualize" the job properties sheet in an HTML page, it would be beautiful if such a feature could be implemented.

On the other hand, JobFlow is a already a really useful tool and I'm already using it for at least 1/3 of all my automation workflows.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Thanks Hans - Most of my Customers use Freeflow Core for Workflow Automation, so I don't tend to see jobflow & even less of how it works under the hood.. hence the question.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

You'll no doubt see Job Flow grow to where it replaces FreeFlow Core--and now that EFI owns FFPS...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast