+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Command Workstation 6 disconnects

Default Command Workstation 6 disconnects

Running at B5000 rip on Canon C10000. Canon tech recently installed Command Workstation 6. We're now experiencing frequent disconnects. It not completely clear that what what is disconnecting from what. The error message says "Connection to C10000 failed, check server name or IP address." I take this to mean that Command Workstation can no longer connect to the Fiery. Neither the IP Address or server name has changed. Rebooting reestablishes the connection.

Are you running Command Workstation (CWS6) on the Fiery itself, or on a separate client?

I would recommend you engage the Canon tech who performed the upgrade.

When the disconnect occurs, can other CWS clients still connect? What is displayed on the Fiery Bar when the disconnect occurs? How often are these disconnects?

My recommendation for a test would be try having both CWS5 and CWS6 both connected to the Fiery at once (will require two separate computers), and see if both get disconnected at the same time.

We have not seen any increase of disconnects during our months of testing, or our beta program for CWS6, so we're keen to get to the bottom of your issue.

Default Reverting to CWS 5.8

We are running CWS 6 on the B5000 Fiery itself and that is where we are experiencing disconnects. We have not upgraded our workstations to CWS 6.

Another Canon tech was in today and, after consulting with various Canon resources, reverted to CWS 5.8. According to him, Canon has not yet certified CWS 6 on the B5000.

So far today running CWS 5.8, we have not experienced any disconnects.

+ Reply to Thread