+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Impose "Template" Drop Down Not Working...

Kdw75 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Kdw75 is on a distinguished path

Default Impose "Template" Drop Down Not Working...

When you click it, instead of dropping down and showing the saved presets, all it does is flash the below drop down arrows from blue to clear.

Hello Kdw75

Are you experiencing this from within the Impose application or from within Job Properties? Are you able to see the default factory templates or is the list totally empty? What is the version of Impose are you using?

Thanks
    Mark

Kdw75 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Kdw75 is on a distinguished path

Within the Impose application. I am not able to see anything. It is blank and when I click on it the blue drop down arrows on the other pull downs turn white. Then if I click it again they turn back to blue, but the template dropdown doesn't do anything.

Possibly, the templates are hidden. Within the drop down list there are separate sections for Normal, Booklet, and Gangup. In each section there is a small triangle next to the section's name label. If the triangle is pointing downward then the list of templates will be shown.
    Name:  templates_shown.png
Views: 2751
Size:  4.7 KB

If the triangle is pointing to the right then the list of templates is hidden.
    Name:  templates_hidden.png
Views: 2736
Size:  2.4 KB
    Can you try clicking on the triangle to see if your list(s) are hidden?

If this doesn't reveal the templates then the next thing to check would be if your Impose template path is pointing to a folder which has templates. Are you using CWS5.8 or CWS6? For CWS5.8 the path is available from the CWS5.8 Edit->Preferences menu item.
    Name:  preferences_cws5_8.png
Views: 2793
Size:  20.2 KB

For CWS6 Impose has it's own preferences. The path is available from the Impose Edit->Preferences menu.
    Name:  preferences_cws6pic.png
Views: 2777
Size:  14.7 KB

Check that the folder is valid and that the templates (.dbt) files are there.

Regards,
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark_K; 08-03-2017 at 11:24 AM.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Can you post your server information and what CWS version you are using. Also if you can, screen shot the issue. To me, if i understand correctly, there may be a faulty install of impose. i take it restarting the server and/or client computer does not help?

There is no triangle to expand. It is completely empty and non-responsive when you click on the dropdown window.

I can go into Impose under properties and there I can access all the saved templates. If I click the edit template button, it opens impose and then it works normally. So it is only not working when I right click on the file and choose impose in the hold window.

I am using CWS 6.0.0.46.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 12.55.20 PM.png
Views: 2757
Size:  44.1 KBName:  Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 12.55.44 PM.png
Views: 2755
Size:  49.0 KB

The one on the left is after I clicked on the dropdown once to expand it. Notice the other dropdowns lose their blue color.

Hi Kdw75,

I see that you are using a Mac. On Mac there is a preferences file located at:
    ~/Library/Preferences/Template_ Preferences.

If you open the file you'll see something similar to the following:
    UISize=463,299
    View=List

Would you open the file on your Mac and let me know what those values are set to?

Thanks
    Mark

UISize=400,250
    View=List

Your values look ok.

Is this consistent (always happens 100% of the time)? How long has it been happening? What version of Mac OS X are you using?

Thanks
    Mark

Default Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_K View Post
    Your values look ok.

Is this consistent (always happens 100% of the time)? How long has it been happening? What version of Mac OS X are you using?

Thanks
    Mark
    I have the same problem with CWS 6.0, I am running a Mac with os 10.11.6. Has there been a solution to this yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast