+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Postflight ignores paper catalog output profiles

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Good catch. I will see what Postflight says in my situation.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Hello Victor,

well, at least I can tell that it's not related to APPE/CPSI. Postflight defaults to stock profile on either engine.

UPDATE: When using the Controlbar (without Postflight), the mapping works as expected.
    My similar issue:

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...-being-honored

*is* related to APPE. I just discovered that when the .dbp file goes through APPE, it ignores the media-driven color processing and uses the factory default profile instead. All other permutations--1up APPE, 1up CPSI, N-up CPSI--properly use the media defined profile.

Regardless, I suspect these behaviors are related somewhere under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Thanks for your investigation. I've spotted another possible problem:
    When I'm using Impose to gang up jobs, the control bar prints some weird information:
    Output device is "Normalizer Demoroom" and output profile is completely empty!
    The print itself also looks like it's done with an incorrect profile, maybe it's also the stock one.

Without using Impose or when selecting a specific output profile, those information are correct.

UPDATE: It doesn't matter if the output is flattened or not.
    So yes, this must all be related. In my case, N-up with APPE shows "use job defined settings" in the output profile field of the control bar. It doesn't show any actual output profile at all. And it uses the factory default profile for the stock (coated, in my case).

All other permutations are correct; they show the actual job defined output profile that's called by the paper catalog definition.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Thanks for testing this even more sophisticated. That's a real big deal because I often used that exact workflow (gang-up as dbp - APPE - media defined custom profile and even mixed paper types) in the past. And yes, I did have color related problems which I couldn't resolve ... until now :-(
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Sorry to bump this but I'm still interested if this is being worked on as it heavily disturbs my default workflows. It's quite annoying not to trust the color management in terms of media related profiles. I see this as a bug in a key function of our RIPs.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2