Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CWS6, Impose, and paper catalog

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

I can't speak for EFI, but it's obvious to me: if you want APPE, then you want APPE. And the only way to do that is to provide a PDF.

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Is there any reason, Impose behaves that way when APPE is enabled?
    I only noticed that Multirip isn't enabled on DBP jobs (but it is used when ripping the flattened output)
    Older Fiery (System 10 and back) did not support APPE processing with DBP jobs. If the Fiery server was configured to "prefer" APPE for PDF then Impose would default to flattened PDF so that the APPE path would be used.

Since Fiery FS100, DBP jobs support APPE so this behavior is less important. In a future release of Impose we will allow the user setting for flattening to override the server flag.

Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_K View Post
    Check if your Fiery server's Rip setting (in Device Center) is configured to "Use Adobe PDF Print Engine preferred as default for PDF jobs". If this setting is checked then Impose will (by default) attempt to save as a flattened PDF file.
    A point of clarification. The server setting "Use Adobe PDF Print Engine preferred as default for PDF jobs" will set the "Adobe PDF Print Engine Preferred" checkbox in Job Properties.

Impose will read the "Adobe PDF Print Engine Preferred" setting from Job Properties. If it is set then save as flattened PDF will be the default Impose save option.

Regards,
    Mark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3