+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Install both Command Workstation 5 & Command Workstation 6

Default Install both Command Workstation 5 & Command Workstation 6

Is there a way to have both command workstation 5 and 6 installed on the same machine?

I have two old servers that arent supported through cw6 and one newer server that is supported.

Sorry no you cannot run CWS5 and CWS6 on the same computer.

Futaura is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Futaura is on a distinguished path

I am disappointed to hear this - poor planning and design IMHO. IIRC, it is possible to have CWS4 and CWS5 installed on the same client machine, so presumably we can have both CWS4 and CWS6 installed? Not perfect, but maybe a workaround. That said, I don't remember if CWS4 works on Windows 10.

This new situation with CWS6 provides a whole new level of inconvenience which surely could have been avoided? For example, we have a Xerox Versant 80 as our main machine, but have held on to our old Xerox Docucolor 260 mainly for printing A4 letterheads due to the fusing temperatures. Not being able to easily transfer jobs between the two servers is going to be annoying.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

There is nothing right now that says you must move to CWS6. You may continue to use your current CWS5 in your environment for the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately CWS4 is not supported on Windows 10 and CWS4 and CWS6 cannot be installed on the same computer.

Lightbulb Just a suggestion...

No one wants to go through the mess of installing, just to have to uninstall and reinstall the old version; so if you can't have both installed on the same system, maybe it might be a good thing to have on the download page say so *clearly*.

That grid of "Installed on server" and "Connect to server" Yes/No is rather confusing. How about a "Compatible?" Yes/No...?

As for me, I'm waiting to install until everyone else finds all the bugs. (grin) I can't afford downtime!

When I need both of versions of CWS, 6 and 5, I install version 6.x and then I already created a VMWare or VirtualBox virtual machine Win 7 based and where I install CWS version 5.x.

+ Reply to Thread