+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally, a possibility to estimate clicks!

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Thumbs up Finally, a possibility to estimate clicks!

I've just spotted an addition to the Fiery API which enables us to count the number of bw/color clicks without actually printing the file.

That's a feature, I've been waiting for since 2001

Thanks a lot!
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Well don't hold us in suspense oxi, Please elaborate for us.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Well, I'm actually developing a frontend for this particular API but I'll need to contact EFI in order to discuss the license details. If everything goes well then I would like to release it free of charge...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

Default Unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Well, I'm actually developing a frontend for this particular API but I'll need to contact EFI in order to discuss the license details. If everything goes well then I would like to release it free of charge...

I've just reviewed the v4 api and the closet I could find is the preview jpg which wouldn't guarantee anything. Guaranteeing a job is bw without converting the page to grayscale is hard. If you have one colorspace in there that isn't grayscale you basically have to raster whatever's using that colorspace and parse every pixel and even then...even then... a pure swop K would get converted to a cmyk mix if the machine use anything else, say GRACoL 2006 or 2013 for example as source profile for cmyk. So you'd need to also process and hold the job and then parse the raster: doable in this age of fastmulticore cpu's however it aint no piece o cake nor something you'd freeware at the end.

My two cents.

I know what you mean but there's an api call which returns the number of color and monochrome pages after the job has been ripped. Basically it's the same of what ImageViewer shows you (regarding the number of planes in the lower right panel). So you don't need to analyze any raster data on your own. So pretty simple with just a few lines of code.
    Unfortunately, I can't find the call at the moment. Maybe it was there in a previous API version.

UPDATE: Found it in the documentation of the v2 API:
    GET /live/api/v2/jobs/:id/pages(/age)
    Last edited by oxident; 08-25-2018 at 12:55 PM.

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

Thumbs up Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    I know what you mean but there's an api call which returns the number of color and monochrome pages after the job has been ripped. Basically it's the same of what ImageViewer shows you (regarding the number of planes in the lower right panel). So you don't need to analyze any raster data on your own. So pretty simple with just a few lines of code.
    Unfortunately, I can't find the call at the moment. Maybe it was there in a previous API version.

UPDATE: Found it in the documentation of the v2 API:
    GET /live/api/v2/jobs/:id/pages(/age)

Then that's quite neat indeed.
    Good luck with your development effort.

+ Reply to Thread