+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jobmaster: How to mix sheet sizes and orientation?

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Default Jobmaster: How to mix sheet sizes and orientation?

Hi!

I was trying to print a document which contained A4 portrait and A3 landscape pages. But as soon as I try to use JobMaster (to assign specific media types, for example), the entire document is rendered completely in either portrait or landscape (as this can only be set globally for the entire document).

So, is there any possibility to deal with mixed orientations in one document?

Thanks for any help!
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Steve0 is online now Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

While we're waiting for a Jobmaster answer to this, I can tell you that the Acrobat plugin, Quite Imposing Plus, does this quite handily with its "Adjust pages sizes" function in about three clicks flat.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

I would recommend that you get CWS6 when it arrives here soon.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Steve0 View Post
    While we're waiting for a Jobmaster answer to this, I can tell you that the Acrobat plugin, Quite Imposing Plus, does this quite handily with its "Adjust pages sizes" function in about three clicks flat.
    Well, yes ... and no Acrobat itself is also able to rotate pages based on their current orientation. The main "brain problems" begin to start when talking about duplex printing. Although you could do the job this way, it's far from being user friendly!

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    I would recommend that you get CWS6 when it arrives here soon.
    I'm aware of this. I guess you're talking about one special Impose feature (which I'm not allowed to mention here) which is intended to fix up brochures ... but this also only rotates landscape pages and I'm getting into the same problems that I've written above.

Or am I missing something?
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

I'd have to go look again. Maybe it does handle only orientation and not size.

Steve0 is online now Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Well, yes ... and no Acrobat itself is also able to rotate pages based on their current orientation. The main "brain problems" begin to start when talking about duplex printing. Although you could do the job this way, it's far from being user friendly!
    Take a look at it. The duplex issue boils down to whether you choose to rotate the landscape pages clockwise or counter-clockwise. But what QIP also brings to the table is the choice to scale the A3 pages to A4 if you so desire, proportionally or anamorphically or not at all.

It's so good with the European paper sizes - all proportional to each other. I wish those were the standard here in the US.

Well, scaling isn't really an option for most of my customers.

So there's no possibility to change duplex binding side within a print job?

The new auto-rotate feature in CWS 6's Impose comes in handy if you simply wants all pages that are different from the document orientation to rotate right/left. But if you want to customize the orientation of certain pages, you can use Edit Page in JobMaster (from the right-click menu) to rotate the selected page(s).

Media can be set for the job using the media setting in Setting pane. Or you can set media for page(s) or sheet(s), using Assign Media from the right-click menu.

Hope this helps.

Ling

Hmm, maybe I've just described the problem not detailed enough.
    Imagine a PDF file which consists of A4 portrait and A3 landscape pages. All of them should be printed double sided.

I'm just trying to print this document in a way that it can be binded on the left side. I'm expecting that I could simply use the Fiery's Left-Right duplex option for this but that won't work because the server seems to rotate A3 landscape to portrait (while ripping).

If I understand you correctly, I'll have to flip the backsides of every A3 page by 180 degrees in order to achieve this?

+ Reply to Thread