+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery IC-313 inconsistent duplex behavior

Default Fiery IC-313 inconsistent duplex behavior

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to ask this question, so if it is not please let me know where to redirect.

I have noticed some differences in the IC-313 fiery on the KM AccurioPress C2060/C2070 that is different than all the other fieries on other platforms and MFPs.

It is not printing duplex documents in the same manner as all of the other Fiery controllers when selecting non-sequential page numbers/ranges from Command Workstation (tested on cws 5.8). i.e. if we have a 10 page document, with just a single letter on each page (A-K)

These are the outputs we are getting (bracketed number is the sheet number):

Print Duplex, pages All (1-10)
    Result: Output - 5 sheets, 10 pages
    A [1] B
    C [2] D
    E [3] F
    H [4] I
    J [5] K

Print Duplex, Pages 1,10 selected in command workstation (Desired)
    Result: Output - 1 Sheet, 2 pages, with pages 1, 10 on other Fieries:
    A [1] K

Print Duplex, Pages 1,10 selected in command workstation (Inconsistent with other Fieries)
    Result: Output - 2 sheet, 4 pages, with pages 1, 2, 9, 10 on IC-313:
    A [1] B
    J [2] K

Is there a patch or scheduled update to address this difference in system software behavior?

Thanks!

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Recommend you contact your service technician, who can escalate this up the chain. This Fiery is a KM product, and as such KM engineering needs to get involved.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Totally agree to adam. This bug is also related to the mixed media feature which already affected many different Fiery's in the past. Many of them got an update ... some not. I guess there's a problem with the difference between sheets and pages.

You will also get into problems whenever you're trying to force a single page to be printed in b&w where the other page should be color (on the same sheet).
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

For the record, I just went ahead and verified this anomalous behavior.

Layout set to simplex, job information set to pages 1,4: RIP is two pages, pages 1 and 4.

Layout set to duplex, job information set to pages 1,4: RIP is four pages, pages 1-2 and 3-4.

Layout set to duplex, job information set to page 1: RIP is two pages, pages 1-2.

Yup. That's all manners of wrong.

That being said, use makeready tools (Impose, Compose, JobMaster, even Acrobat itself) to edit the job to get rid of the pages you don't want. Or use Acrobat to print just the pages you want; it does exactly what's supposed to happen just fine as far as printing only the requested document pages.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Just to tap on the back of this thread - I tried what Adam did on a Xerox - created a 4 page pdf - printed simplex & then duplex - output as expected - changed to page 1,4 single physical sheet output - side 1 - page 1 & side 2 page 4 - this was on a Xerox Versant 2100 - CWS 5.8.0.100.

So yes looks like a log to be raised with your Vendors support team -
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 06-20-2017 at 08:58 AM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

+ Reply to Thread