+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bad hard drive in Fiery

Default Bad hard drive in Fiery

I have a Pro 80 with IC-305. You can hear the hard drive winding up and down. I brought the Pro 80 to my IT along with a new 250 gig SSD so he could clone it. he says that it has both XP and Linx. What do I do??
    Last edited by GaryJ; 06-15-2017 at 05:10 AM.

The operating system IC-305 runs on is Windows XP embedded.

There is a Linux based component used in Fiery's boot process, but really, this is basically a Windows XP PC

So, as long as he (the IT guy) clones the drive it should be ok??
    He said something about not being able to open directories.

If your Fiery's HDD is still accessible by IC-305, you can clone it using Fiery Clone Tool v1.4

Go to http://www.efi.com/support-and-downl...id=&model=&os=

In middle of page, click on link "Application Software and Tools". On left click on "Fiery Clone Tool for External Fierys", then on right select Clone Tool v1.4, then click on Find button.

Download doc that explains how to use tool, and ISO file. Burn ISO to disc.

We burnt the CD and put it in the drive and rebooted the Pro 80, It starts up normal. Nothing on page 10 shows up so we can't do anything. What do we do???

We burnt the CD and put it in the drive and rebooted the Pro 80, It starts up normal. Nothing on page 10 shows up so we can't do anything. What do we do???

I never got a response to this.
    "We burnt the CD and put it in the drive and rebooted the Pro 80, It starts up normal. Nothing on page 10 shows up so we can't do anything. What do we do???"

If CDROM was properly prepared from the Fiery Clone Tool v1.4 ISO, and the Fiery you have is actually an IC-305, then when powered up with CDROM inserted already, the IC-305 will boot to CDROM, not Fiery's HDD. You should see what is shown on page 10 of instructions.

Perhaps:
    - Fiery's DVD drive is not working? (When Fiery is booted up, can discs be read from DVD drive?)
    - the boot order setting in BIOS was previously changed so that Fiery looks to HDD first (should be DVD drive first)

Did you receive IC-305 software install discs with your IC-305?
    If you did, provide details what discs you have.

By the way, your first line of support for this Fiery is the KM dealer that services the copier attached to the IC-305.

+ Reply to Thread