+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PDF Images missing using Hotfolders

Default PDF Images missing using Hotfolders

Dear gurus, when I am using hotfolders or dragging PDFs into CWS (v5.7), most of the time it works well, however on occasion images within the PDF are missing. If I print from Adobe Acrobat to the same printer, it works fine. I have tried many PreFlight fixes within Acrobat (eg converting all images to CMYK, flattening transparency etc) but it makes no difference.

I have attached a sample file. if I print it, the signature and date appear. If I use a hotfolder, they are missing.

Please advise?
    Attached Images

Default RE: PDF Images missing using Hotfolders

Hey ppmark,

after digging into the job, I discovered that the signature was signed using the Acrobat signing tool. Flattening the page should fix your issue.

The press does not see the signature as it isn't really an image, more of a note, and notes cannot be seen by the press.

Thank you, that does seem to work. I had converted all images to CMYK in Acrobat and assumed that included the sig - it certainly works on most other problems we encounter. I have now flattened Form Fields and it seems to have done the trick

+ Reply to Thread