+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiery Ticker not working after update!

Default Fiery Ticker not working after update!

Hi,
    we just recently installed CWS 5.8 and the fiery ticker is not working. It shows a Gray background with five dots moving from left to right, but no information is displayed.

I noticed that the system did not installed the new version of Ticker or Fiery Bar. The system still have the old Blue Fiery Bar and Ticker version 1.0.0.34.

Any ideas on how to fix the Ticker? How can we upgrade to the new version of Fiery Bar and Ticker?

System information:
    Xerox 1000 CP V 2.2
    Windows 7 Pro
    CWS 5.8.0.39 SP2
    Ticker version 1.0.0.34

Thank you in advance.

Any help here?

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

I got the same issue.

Xerox 1000i

Hi jricart & StarDigital,

I have forwarded this thread to the appropriate people to review.

Thank you for your patience!

Hi everyone,

The Fiery may need a newer .NET framework installed
    Run Windows Updates. If any .NET updates are available, go ahead and install them.

l-

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Could this also be the cause for the problem that the Ticker won't display the printing speed on my IC-308v2.1: PPM remains 0, although the Ticker correctly refreshes after every printed sheet...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Hi Laurent,
    I already did it and nothing, same issue, ticker not displaying any information.

Also, how I can install the latest version of ticker? I believe is now 2.0.0.23 or something like that?
    Please let me know.

jricart

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent_H View Post
    Hi everyone,

The Fiery may need a newer .NET framework installed
    Run Windows Updates. If any .NET updates are available, go ahead and install them.

l-

Weird.

The latest Fiery security patch upgrades SSL, PHP, Apache on the Fiery server to the “latest” versions, which "breaks" the Fiery Ticker. MS security patches disable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) renegotiation support, hence Job Ticker will should be back working once it's installed.

Is the Fiery bar displayed?
    Can you access settings (Ticker Bar) from the Windows active icons taskbar?
    The Fiery Bar/Ticker version is based on the server code base. It only works on the server itself and can only be upgraded with a server patch or upgrade.

l-

Laurent,
    The Fiery Bar (Blue version) is displayed properly and working.
    I can access the Ticker settings via the icon on the taskbar, thats how I got the version information, but when I go Full Screen it displays the a Gray Background with the Fiery Logo, and five dots going from left to right, the Close button on the top right and the Notes icon on the top Left, thats it, no information about the current job.

When you talk about a server patch or upgrade, can you be more specific?

Please let me know what else we can do to make it work again.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent_H View Post
    Weird.

The latest Fiery security patch upgrades SSL, PHP, Apache on the Fiery server to the “latest” versions, which "breaks" the Fiery Ticker. MS security patches disable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) renegotiation support, hence Job Ticker will should be back working once it's installed.

Is the Fiery bar displayed?
    Can you access settings (Ticker Bar) from the Windows active icons taskbar?
    The Fiery Bar/Ticker version is based on the server code base. It only works on the server itself and can only be upgraded with a server patch or upgrade.

l-

jricart,

The Fiery bar or ticker can only be updated with a server patch, and such patch is currently not available for this model.

The symptom you describe definitely refer to the security updates.
    Can you please run again Windows 7 updates and make sure it's fully updated?

If it still doesn't work, can you please share with me the full Fiery config page?

thanks,
    l-

+ Reply to Thread