+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Server Presets and Paper Catalog edits

Default Server Presets and Paper Catalog edits

My company is looking to double the number of printers and each printer has it's own server. I have exported the paper catalog from one (actually all) server and edited it to remove duplicates and renamed the entries to provide consistency. Today I imported (replaced) the paper catalog and ended up with different number of items in each server due to active presets using old paper catalog entries.
    I am also tasked with streamlining the server presets so that all printers and their servers will have a uniformity to all the settings.
    Is there an external editor/ program I can use to edit the server presets? Is there a way to have a virtual server so that I can do this without interfering with current production by standing at one of the workstations?

You can install Command WorkStation on a PC or Mac at your desk and connect to any Fiery in your network. This should allow you to connect to the Fierys and make the changes without interfering with others who are preparing jobs in Command WorkStation on the Fiery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
    You can install Command WorkStation on a PC or Mac at your desk and connect to any Fiery in your network. This should allow you to connect to the Fierys and make the changes without interfering with others who are preparing jobs in Command WorkStation on the Fiery.
    I can do that for about 90% of the tasks I perform, however when it comes to the Server Presets that is not the case for every one of them. I have to go to the server in question and edit certain one that I get error codes from my desk.

+ Reply to Thread