Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FCPS 4.9 Verfier not working?

stonemask is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor stonemask is on a distinguished path

Default FCPS 4.9 Verfier not working?

Gīday all, I am having a weird problem with my FCPS on a E-43A server (FS150PRO).

When I choose verify and print for example Ugra Fogra 3.0, I measure it and I can see on the strips that it is working, I can see if I measure the wrong line. Then when all done and waiting to see the results, I always get:
    Black 0 0 0 <- on all lines
    Average all patches |3| |69|
    Maximum all patches |8 |129|
    Average Delta ch |2.5| |4.3|

It doesnīt matter which wedge I use, itīs always the same.

We tried and installed i1Profile and we set measurement to 3 coumns and 24 strips and we could verify on the screen that it was working just fine.

Itīs FCPS 4.9.3.01, CWS 5.8.0.87.
    We tried going back to 4.7.3.03 and we still got the same results.

stonemask is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor stonemask is on a distinguished path

I tried using on my laptop 4.7.3.03 and it worked with no problem there.

Besides all Fiery patches are installed, the whole 3 of em.

For the installation of 4.9.3.01 on the server,
    Is the CPS installation on the server the only install showing the issue?, or do you see this on other clients?

Do you get good measurements in any other CPS module on the client where you see this?

Thank you
    Justin

my laptop has 4.7.3.03 as said above and it worked just fine, I havenīt installed 4.9 on that one yet since my ES-2000 is not licensed for that.

and I tried installing 4.7.3.03 on the E-43A with same result.

We havenīt tried 4.9 yet on another computer.

The device used to License 4.9 on the server can be used on a client.
    Note: The 4.9 License is backwards compatible with 4.7, so once a device is licensed for 4.9, you can use it on older clients.

The issues you are seeing with measurements in Verifier is not a known issue. I am suspecting there is a bad installation at work here.

Its possible you have a new ES-1000 service that came with 4.9, that is not working with 4.7. CWS and CPS share access to the ES-1000 service, so once you have installed 4.9, the ES-1000 service will not UN-install as it is needed by CWS. To successfully downgrade, you need to uninstall CWS and CPS - then put them back on - oldest software first (CWS) and newest software last (CPS)

so basically, I have to:
    1: Revert to clean install clone
    2: install patches #2 & #3.
    3: install CPS 4.9
    4: install latest FEA package
    ?

Well, we just tried it again and it was the same yet again. We are going to try on monday to install CPS 4.9 right after a clean CWS installation.

Default disconnect devices when installing software

Just a friendly reminder - disconnect your ES-1000/ES-2000 or any other supported device when installing software. We have seen issues in the past where weird things happen if you leave the device connected when the device driver is being installed/upgraded. It may block files from being replaced or restarted in memory. Also - never ignore the reboot request if the installer asks for it. Reboot is recommended after install - then connect the device - then launch the software after the plug and play device driver finishes setup.

Well, we finally made some progress. We got it working in this order:
    1: Clean install with the DVDīs
    2: Installation of CPS 4.7 (still not working properly)
    3: Installation of patches #2 & #3. (still not working properly)
    4: Updating CWS through update manager to 5.8.xx.SP2 (working)
    5: Updating CPS to 4.9.xx (still working)

After step #5, I noticed in verifier that there were 2 Ugrafogra 2.2 and 3.0a for some reason, on one of em, the measurements were fine, but the either, the left side was totally white as in no preferences were there. But since one of em worked, I just deleted the one that didnīt work.

We also went ahead and made a device link with excellent results so I think this concludes this endeavor.

Regards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast