+ Reply to Thread

Thread: User name error

Question User name error

Howdy! I hope someone might be able to shine a bit of light onto an issue I encounter on occasion.

I run two Xerox C75 color presses, one with a finisher (Bertha) and the other without (Junior), both purchased at the same time. When trying to print from the main Xerox computer (Bertha's server), the job will "disappear" from the CWS held tab and the job doesn't print - it goes straight to the "printed" tab and is red with an error (please see pic below). It's never happened with Junior, as he has his own separate server.

Have any of you had this happen to you, might have an idea why it's doing it? It's really more of a weird annoyance than anything, as on the second try it prints as normal.

Name:  User name error example.png
Views: 887
Size:  115.6 KB

Thanks much!!
    Mel
    Rochester, MN

"When you can't run anymore, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you."

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

This error occurs when user authentication is enabled in the Fiery Server and you print a job with invalid credentials.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjitha View Post
    Hi,

This error occurs when user authentication is enabled in the Fiery Server and you print a job with invalid credentials.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

I'm generally the only one that prints to these machines, the error is completely random and doesn't happen every time, and it's never done it before two weeks ago. I checked the settings and UA is not enabled.

However, we're going to wipe the server hard drive due to other issues and reload all the software (yay me), and hopefully that'll solve the problem.

Thanks for answering!

+ Reply to Thread