+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sierra 10.12.4 driver issue, no Fiery features.

Has there been a solution to this problem yet? I have a customer that is now experiencing it.

Hi All,

We observe this issue happening only on the latest Mac OS 10.12.4 version and with the recent Safari update to 10.1. We don’t believe this is a Fiery driver issue at this time. and we have reported this to Apple.

Apple BugReport ID: 31652143 Library Validation fails when trying to load a plugin to Safari.

Should we receive an update from Apple, I will provide it here.

Thanks,
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony.L View Post
    Hi All,

We observe this issue happening only on the latest Mac OS 10.12.4 version and with the recent Safari update to 10.1. We donít believe this is a Fiery driver issue at this time. and we have reported this to Apple.

Apple BugReport ID: 31652143 Library Validation fails when trying to load a plugin to Safari.

Should we receive an update from Apple, I will provide it here.

Thanks,
    Anthony
    My users on 10.12.4/5 are experiencing the issue in most any application.. including the primary applications they need fiery features- all of the Adobe Creative cloud apps. I would not consider this isolated to Safari.

Hi hcbhealth,

We havenít had this issue reported on any other app except on Safari so far.

Can you let us know the exact versions of the Adobe applications so we can perform more tests?
    Please also include any relevant steps/information as well.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Hi hcbhealth,

We haven’t had this issue reported on any other app except on Safari so far.

Can you let us know the exact versions of the Adobe applications so we can perform more tests?

Thank you,
    Anthony
    Morning,

I can confirm we are having the issue mentioned above on ALL macs in our company that have been patched. We are missing the Fiery features in all of the Adobe CC 2017 apps, all on the latest and upto date versions of the the full suite. Our users primarily use Illustrator and InDesign. Please see the screenshots attached. "bottom image" has not had the patch as it was installed whilst the certificate was valid and therefore not needing the patch. "top image" is the state on the ALL the macs that have had the patch installed. You can clearly see the difference and the lack of Fiery Options.

They are all using the same driver that has worked fine for the past 18 months. The only thing to change on the MACS is the requirement of a certificate. Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks
    Attached Images    
    Last edited by reece.berry; 06-13-2017 at 12:49 AM.

Hi Reece,

I have checked with the team and would like to just check one more issue. We know that the certificate issue would affect Fiery Features not showing up. The best way to make sure that the certificate is not the culprit would be installing the newest driver from our download center.

Please be sure to uninstall the older driver completely with Fiery Software Uninstaller prior to installing the new one.

If you have confirmed that this still does not resolve your issue, I would like to set up a webex meeting with you along with the driver team here.

-Anthony

Default Also having same problem

we are trying to add a Konica Minolta C558 using a Fiery IC-416 controller. we have tried driver from Konica and from Fiery. The printer features are showing but not Fiery Features. I would be interested to see what you find as we also have problems with the latest Canon IRA C5550 with Fiery.

Hi hcbhealth,

We havenít had this issue reported on any other app except on Safari so far.

Thank you,
    Anthony
    I am not sure what additional steps to take. All of our Mac systems with Sierra ( 20+ ) are now experiencing this issue, some are updates and others are clean installs.. it is enough of a problem that when our Xerox lease is up next month we are now looking at a system that does not include Fiery as our creative staff only uses a limited subset of the Fiery specific features and if we have to I can find workarounds or outsource.
    All of these users use Adobe Creative Cloud 2017.. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, etc. The Fiery features are not available in any application on these systems. I believe it all goes back to the errors seen in the installer where it is probably not installing all of the package files needed to support the Fiery Features dialog. Once in a while I can spend an hour on a machine and get the Fiery features to work 1 time.. but that is not productive. It's been over a month now with no new information and I just don't have the time to deal with buggy software.

Hi Robert,

I think it would be productive for us to set up a webex meeting so the team can directly work with you on the issue. Since our team is having difficulty in reproducing the issue, it would be easier for them to observe it directly.

Please let me know if you're available for a webex and I will schedule something with the team.

Thanks,
    Anthony

Hi Reece,

I have checked with the team and would like to just check one more issue. We know that the certificate issue would affect Fiery Features not showing up. The best way to make sure that the certificate is not the culprit would be installing the newest driver from our download center.

Please be sure to uninstall the older driver completely with Fiery Software Uninstaller prior to installing the new one.

If you have confirmed that this still does not resolve your issue, I would like to set up a webex meeting with you along with the driver team here.

-Anthony
    Thanks for getting back to me. I can confirm that the latest drivers make no difference to this situation. Please let me know a convenient time to arrange a webex ASAP.

Thanks
    Last edited by reece.berry; 06-15-2017 at 01:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast