Thread: Number of copies randomizes on Win10/EX4110

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Question Number of copies randomizes on Win10/EX4110

Hi!

We still use an old EX4110 for driving a Xerox 4110 and face a strange problem: It seems that the Fiery gets confused with the number of copies we want to print.

For example, sometimes, the Fiery prints hundreds of copies if I only want a single page. And ait almost ever refuses to print more than one copy if I want more :-(

Setting it manually in CWS works, of course. Other (newer) Fierys work like a charm.

Is there a known driver problem regarding Windows 10?
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

I think the most likely answer for the issue you are seeing is that there isn't a Win 10 driver for the EXP4110 ? Both Xerox & EFI.com do not list one for the Fiery EXP4110 neither is there an updated driver on the Fiery Patch Update url I don't think there is a Win 7 driver either? I think we just used the XP driver when we have installed on a Win 7 Client in the past - I would hazard a guess that this wouldn't be a supported configuration now ? I might be wrong..
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 04-03-2017 at 12:11 AM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Almost absolutely correct ... it was the Vista x64 driver ;-)

But anyway, shouldn't Postscript be somehow portable in a way, that at least the Fiery server would be able to parse the header of the print file correctly?

Or do you think, using a "generic" Postscript driver in conjunction with the proper PPD could do the trick?
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64